Tuesday, April 13, 2010

The best day of my life

4 years ago was the best day of my life.

And yes, I say that fully aware that some of you may be gasping and thinking "oh ouch, poor Garrick, what about her wedding day???" My wedding day was the best day of my life (up until 4 years ago), it was the first piece to my dream come true.

However, on April 13th, 2006 my little Rylee came into my life and made me a mother. It was the start to my new and full dream come true.

I've been a little emotional today. It's probably lack of sleep and other stuff going on as well, but I can't help but think back to the moment when they placed Rylee on my chest and I gazed at my perfect and beautiful little baby. The feelings and emotions I felt where beyond anything I imagined. And then, seeing the overwhelming love Garrick had for this new baby of ours only made me love him more as well.

Rylee, thank you for coming into my life 4 years ago. Happy Birthday my little sweetie, I love you so much!!!

(these pictures are almost a year old now, but I don't think I ever posted them and I just had to...isn't she just a doll???)

And here she is on her actual birthday on her way to school (homemade crown and all). And yes, this is the best I could get from her. She was feeling pretty silly. :)

And then for her birthday party, we had it at The Cove, which is a huge indoor swimming pool/park area. All the kids seemed to have a great time and after lots of swimming and fun we had pizza, cupcakes and opened presents. Rylee had been talking about her birthday party for weeks and I think it lived it up to expectations, she sure seemed to have a fun time. :)


Photobucket
Photobucket

8 comments:

Lindsey said...

She seems like such a sweet girl. Happy birthday (a few days late) Rylee!
Love the picture of Jayden stealing cupcakes : )

Aubrey {All Things Bright and Beautiful} said...

So much fun!!! Happy Birthday little Rylers!!! I can't believe she is already 4...*sniff*

Spencer and Marlee said...

Happy Birthday Rylee!! I sure miss seeing you everyday! It looks like you had a fun birthday party.

Kristin said...

I know what you mean, my wedding day was the best day of my life, until I had Ryder. Having a baby really deepened the love I have for Brandon also.

Her party looks like a blast! I especially love the cupcake tree!

Garet and Amanda said...

How fun! Rylee is so cute! It looks like you guys had a fun birthday. I can't believe she is already 4. They grow so so so fast!!!

Our Ohana said...

Aw! Happy Birthday Rylee!! We love you!!

Flint and Jan said...

She is so stinkin cute! You made me cry (I'm gonna blame it on pregnency!)as I read about you being a mom...isnt it the best! Come see us...before it gets too hot here!

FOUST said...

THERE IS NO LOVE- LIKE A MOHTERS LOVE FOR HER CHILDREN!
Happy Birthday to your BEAUTIFUL Rylee! and HAPPY MOTHERS DAY to you girl!!