Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Are ya KIDDIN' me?!?!


So here's a "funny" story for you all (if you could here me saying that, you would hear the thick sarcasm)... Anyway, it all started a few months ago when I went on a mission to find a cute pair of brown leather mary-janes for Rylee. I went to a couple stores and couldn't find a pair I liked. After much searching, I finally found the perfect pair at Kohls, I even paid more than I usually do for her shoes because I had been looking so hard for them and they were just plain cute. Anyway, the VERY first day I put them on Rylee we're out walking with Aubrey and Caden like we usually do in the morning and we're almost back to Aubrey's place when I look down and see that Rylee is missing one of her shoes! So I frantically start looking around and backtracking for a little while, then Aubrey and I decided it would be easier to get the car and drive around our walk and we should be able to find it easily. We drive around for like 30-45 minutes looking for that stupid shoe! Keep in mind that it's only like a couple miles (so basically, we drove around the same areas over and over again--even getting out and turning up leaf piles and running around the park). We looked EVERYWHERE! Neither one of us could believe that the shoe was gone, it really shouldn't have been that hard to find. We eventually gave up and figured that somebody must have picked it up, though we had asked everyone we saw. I even sucked up my pride and went back to Kohls to buy another pair but they didn't have her size (and haven't since)! Anyways, if you can't tell, it was/is a very bitter subject for me... Well now here's the real "fun" part---so yesterday me and Aubrey and the kiddos are out walking and this lady in her Ford Escape drives past us, stops and starts to reverse and starts yelling at us. She says that she had seen us drop this shoe in front of her house a few months ago and then she hands me the very shoe that had caused me so much distress and says "I hope you still have the other one," I thank her (cursing her under my breath that she didn't just leave it in front of her house-for at least 10 min or something!) and she drives off and me and Aubrey are just laughing, we seriously can not believe that the mystery of he missing shoe had been solved-and especially that this lady saw us and actually had the shoe in her car with her...weird. We had joked about finding it months later and how funny it would be... well it's not so funny...it just hurts! Here's the real sad part, I had literally tossed the matching shoe just weeks ago! I had kept it for months for some pathetic reason and Aubrey convinced me to just throw it away because it just made me mad. Talk about a kick in the crotch (for those of you who are not familiar, I'm not being crude...okay, I guess I am, but sill, it's a quote from Friends and I just believe it is fitting for this story). So that's my sad story about this stupid shoe...

3 comments:

FOUST said...

I LOVE THE QUOTE "KICKED IN THE CROTCH!" CRAZY STORY GIRL!-HOW RANDOM. RY WILL LOVE HEARING ABOUT THAT WHEN SHE IS OLDER.

Lisa said...

Does it even still fit her?
I go on similar missions to find things for Lexie. The kid has a better wardrobe than me!

Haymore Family said...

Oh my gosh! that is so funny! last time you came down you told me that and now i just really can't stop laughing! ahhhhh thanks for making my day!