
Hey everybody, well we're back from the Caribbean! It was a great trip and we had so much fun! I'll have to fill you all in later though because I'm about to pass out. Rylee's been sick since we got back and hasn't been sleeping and has been just been feeling completely miserable. I feel so bad for her, she just wants to me hold her all day...and so of course I do. :) So anyways, not only have I not recouped from the trip, but it's been compounded by the fact that I've hardly gotten any sleep and I'm now sick too and I can't take anything for it to make me feel better! Yuck! Enough whining though, I actually just wanted to write a quick post about how much I love and appreciate our beloved President Hinckley; what a sad start we had to our cruise upon finding out that he had passed away. I shouldn't say "sad" though, it's very mixed emotions that I feel. I'm sad for us that we won't get to see his infectious smile at conference and listen to his always amazing and inspiring talks. But I'm also so happy for him, because he's back with the love of his life, Marjorie, and so many other family members and friends. He was truly a man of God and I am so grateful for all that he did. I think about how lucky we were in Albuquerque to have him come to our Regional Conference a few years ago and even before that, to have him come to Albuquerque to dedicate our temple here (the temple Garrick and I were married in!). For me, he was "my prophet", what I mean by that is he's been the prophet for 12 years now, so to me, he's the only one that I've truly known. It was under his guidance and direction as our modern day prophet that I've come to develop my own testimony. I can't express the immense amount of gratitude I feel for all that he did and for the example that he was to us. He will be sorely missed. I'm also excited though to see what works President Monson will bring about. He's always been such a strong yet kind leader. I know that there is a lot of great work to come! Just a side note, isn't it interesting how young and able our new presidency is (comparatively to our past presidencies)? Hmmm, I wonder... Also, my mom sent me a link to a really great article dedicated to the remembrance of President Hickley. Here's the link if you're interested. |


2 comments:
ok so glad your back! can't wait to see some pics! and so so sorry about that yucky sick bug that is going around. we are still getting over it after a week. and girl i just have to tell you that i am now addicted to the "magic eraser" that you told me about forever ago. it is the best!!! i told ben not to get me flowers when he gets me little suprises but get me "magic erasers"-hee hee love them
Hey Kara it Desiree remember me well i am in the process of starting a blog but haven't yet. I have a 4 month old named Raylee and everyone comfuses it with Rylee so I thought that was funny when I saw your daughters name. How are you doing besdies being sick my email is wright_desiree@hotmail.com write me so I can catch up on how you are! Hope you get feeling better! Take Care
Post a Comment