was also totally creepy. This picture is of the mansion (pre-burned), but it's funny because I hardly recognized it because I usually saw it as we were sneaking by in the dark. Imagine sneaking past this old huge mansion that was rumored to be haunted in the pitch black night...CREEPY! :) Here's some funny memories I have of the place...The first time I ever went we got caught, luckily it was by the actual owners of the place who were in from California. They let us go up to one of the smaller hot tubs cuz they were at the big pool. The funny part though was that when they shined the spotlight on us to catch us we all went running and my friend, Carrie, went straight into the barbed wire. She only suffered minor damages luckily... Love ya Carrie! ;) Anyways, that time was also the first time I hung out with Garrick. We walked the whole way back in the dark just talking. Funny thing is though, is that this happened months before we started dating and after we had been dating for a while I put it together that Garrick was that guy I had walked back talking with...I hadn't even remembered it was him! :)
Another funny story is when my high school friend, Nate, came to Thatcher to visit he came with this huge, tough, African-American (gotta keep it politically correct people) track runner. A couple of my friends and I decided it would be fun to let them experience the Mansion, but Nate's friend (I can't remember his name...) was so scared he refused to let go of the flashlight the entire time and I swear he almost peed his pants. We didn't stay long cuz he was so freaked out. It was just too funny because here he was this huge tough guy who was actually a little coward! Haha! I don't blame him though, like I said, the place was CREEPY!
Last story I swear, so me and a group of my friends got caught again! (I never even heard of anybody else getting caught...I wonder what we were doing wrong?) And again, it's by the owners of the mansion! They were laughing and telling us that last time they were visiting they caught a group of kids sneaking on and one of the girls ran into the barbed wire. Then Carrie, who was with us again, raises her hand and bashfully says "That was me..." We all just cracked up and they asked how often we snuck on. We said honestly not that often, we must just have good luck at catching you guys! So anyways, the owners of the place were cool, but they are these total hippie guys who were out looking around the desert for toads so they could lick the poison off their backs and get high--SICK! Maybe that's why they were always so cool with us...they were high. They even filled us in on some of the history of the old place. There were
rumors that the Rolling Stones used to own it and stuff like that. They said that the RS never owned it, but that the Mansion was an old celebrity hide out and that they used to come all the time. Pretty cool, eh?Anyways, sorry to bore you all, but I've been feeling nostalgic about the ol' place since I heard of its demise. It was sad to hear that such a cool and historic place burnt down. Here's all that's left...(thanks for the pic Camille). :) To think of all those poor college kids that won't get to experience sneaking onto the mansion anymore--it brings a tear to my eye (almost).
8 comments:
Kara-- that seriously sounds crazy. I think I would feel like your track friend- scared out of my mind. Beautiful place, though.
I THINK THAT PLACE LOOKS CREEPY EVEN IN THE SUNSHINE! AWESOME MEMORIES- LOVE THE ONE WITH YOU AND YOUR MAN-YUMMY!
Oh, sad day!! Goodbye mansion! I am going to be honest, I HATED going there-it freaked me out, but I went a lot (I am a total sucker to peer pressure). It is sad that a big part of my history at EA is gone. Anyways, thanks for the beautiful tribute to the mansion : )
I was so sad to hear about this too! I had so many fun memories there. And it was really creepy!
SAd day for me too! I actually got to swim a few times and got the gun fired!
Oh my gosh that is so sad! I can't believe it burned down! How did it happen do you know? That is just so wierd! I love all your stories and how funny that you got caught twice! haha We never got caught when we went! It was such a blast to go to! That is sad that now the future college kids won't get to experience that! Those were the good old days for sure!
I had no idea the mansion looked so nice in day light...it will always be a run down creepy place in my head! Can't forget about our last Pima Palooza being held there...I mean that is soooo the EA experience rolled into one.
I can't believe it burned down!! It'll prob still be fun for people to go to the hot tubs there though. The one time I tried to go near the mansion, we wanted to go inside and we opened the door (it was totally unlocked!) and something moved, we freaked out so bad, but turns out it was a skunk! Still creepy though,,, So hey Kara! My mom told me she saw you and you're preg, congratulations! Let me know how two goes!! Then we might try it, yikes! You guys look great, Rylee is precious :)
Post a Comment