Monday, August 18, 2008

Life is good!

Yeah yeah, I've been super lazy about blogging lately. I would like to use the excuse that "I just moved and have been busy" but really...I've just been lazy (and I had to finish reading Breaking Dawn of course). Anyway, it was a TON of work getting the Blacker's house and yard in perfect shape, but we eventually got it done, or close enough (with the help of my parents, Aubrey, Carleigh, Hannah and Garrick's parents--thanks so much to all of them!!!). Can I just say that I really HATE moving? All that packing and cleaning is just exhausting and then you get to the new place and have to do it all over again (except the packing is unpacking now). Sheesh, it's a lot of work, especially when you procrastinate doing anything about it. Hehe. Anyway, Arizona has been great so far. It's so beautiful here right now because we've been getting so much rain. The waterfall has actually been running a few times too. Yes you read that right, waterfall in Arizona. It doesn't run all the often though, just when we get a good rain. But still, very cool that we can see if from our driveway. This is a picture of it, it's hard to see unless you know what you are looking for, but it's in between the two roofs of those houses. Also, the wash/creek/stream behind our house has been running the whole time we've been here. This is what's behind our house (our house is on the right side of the picture). Pretty right? Who knew southern arizona could be so pretty? But yeah, I've been adjusting to living here pretty good. I, of course, miss my family and friends but my sisters-and-mother-in-law have been taking good care of me. I think they are afraid I'm going to break down or something... Don't worry guys, I'm doing good! (but still, thanks for taking care of me) :) Garrick is totally loving being back here with his family and especially all his brothers. He likes his job so far, but tonight was his first on night shift so we'll see how that goes! Rylee and Jadyn are doing good. Jadyn of course could care less where she's living as long as she gets her food. Then Rylee is adjusting well to living here, although she never wants to stay at our house. She always wants to be at Dam-ah's house. Go figure. It's nice to know things haven't changed that much, she still always wants to be at Grandma's, it's just her other Grandma's house now! Funny girl. Speaking of Rylee and Jadyn though, Rylee has truly taken a liking to Jadyn now (phew!). Not that she didn't like her before, she just didn't really care. But now, she loves to talk and play (or try to play). She gets in her face and goes "Hey pitty girl, hey pitty girl (pretty girl)" or "Hey Jadyn, Hey Jadyn, Hey Jadyn" in this high funny voice. Jadyn loves it though, she gets huge smiles on her face when Rylee talks to her. This is a picture of Rylee talking to her, Jadyn was loving it! Rylee is also a non-stop talker now and can not only understand anything you say to her, but can pretty much say it all too. It's pretty hilarious the things she comes up with too. Her favorite toy right now is a fishing pole my Mom got her and she sits on the edge of the couch or bed and hangs it over saying "I catch a whopper!" (it's from the Backyardigans). And oh yeah, Jadyn has started sucking her thumb. I know it's bad and all that, but it's just so darn precious! She also rolled over for the first time last week. So far, she's only a week behind Rylee on mobility (Rylee rolled over at 12 weeks, Jadyn at 13). I was hoping Jadyn would take it a little slower than Rylee, but I guess we'll see! Well anyway, sorry about the long post, guess I should post more often to avoid these! ;)

7 comments:

FOUST said...

So good to hear all is fabulous!
and yes I was suprised to hear about the waterfall. The girls look great-and bigger! -I love the long post! Good to know you are getting settled in so well.

Rebecca said...

Kara! I waiting for this post! It looks soooo pretty there. I had no idea. We MISS you guys SOOOOO much- you have no idea. It's not the same. I'm glad to hear that you are doing well, though. Keep up the posting!

Aubrey {All Things Bright and Beautiful} said...

I miss my cute girls (all three of them)! I'm just waiting for the post showing off your house, get on it, woman! (c:

Haymore Family said...

so cute! i love all the pictures! and crazy i know you aren't going to break down, we are just here in case of one! don't worry we will back off when we think you are ready not to be a newborn anymore!

Kim's just sayin' said...

ok so I know I'm a bad friend for never actually seeing either of your kids in person but they look totally different in pictures. WHo does Jaydn look like? She really is cute! Glad your adjusting well.

FISH FAMILY said...

That is awesome that you are in AZ. I am glad, maybe we will run into each other sometime. If you ever come to Mesa to the Temple of shopping or anything you should call. Your kids are so cute. Jadyn looks alot like Garrick

Spencer and Marlee said...

It is beautiful this time of year!! I love the green and the waterfall. What I also love if you living next door!!
Just to let you know Kara is a great neighbor!! She brought us caramel/ chocolate popcorn, salsa and I LOVE to visit with her!