Don't worry though, for all you Garrick Haymore fans, he's still playing. He now plays for the Haymore Real Estate softball team with 3 of his brothers, 2 cousins and 2 cousin-in-laws. Go Haymore Real Esate!!! (you guys really need a name beside your sponsor...)
Tuesday, August 26, 2008
No longer a Saint...
I grew up going to softball games. Both of my parents have played for as long as I can remember. My mom says that by the time I was a week old I had already been to like 10 games or something like that (it was a tournament). My Dad has always played for The Saints. They've always been in a church league in Albuquerque (not LDS league, church league as in all different churches). So yeah, I've seen The Saints grow older (haha) and many leave or move on to "old man softball." But the one who has been there since the beginning has been my Dad. (and yes, he can still "bring it") :) Yup, he's the lone original Saint now. There's also Hunter who's just a couple years shy of an original, but still, not quite "original." Anyway, so yes, I consider myself to be a "softball child" -one who has many many memories of going to endless amounts of softball games and always cheering on The Saints. So after I married Garrick and we moved to Albuquerque, my Dad jumped on the opportunity to bring some "young blood" to the team and recruit Garrick. (I believe one of the main reasons that my Dad agreed to let Garrick marry me was because he was a baseball player, but that's not the point right now). It was a little bizarre to see my husband playing on the team that I cheered for as a little girl, but I really loved that Garrick and my Dad were able to play together. It was so fun to go and watch their games. This last year Rylee liked cheering for them too, except sometimes it came out as "Go B-Dacks!" (go d-backs...) But we always knew she meant Go Saints! :) With the move, it would obviously be a little difficult to go back for the games every Monday (although some of the guys were trying to convince us it wouldn't be too hard...haha) so Garrick had to hang up his Saints hat (shirt actually...but that's not the saying). It was a good 5 years though, and Garrick's last season ended well, they won the league! Whoo hoo! 
Don't worry though, for all you Garrick Haymore fans, he's still playing. He now plays for the Haymore Real Estate softball team with 3 of his brothers, 2 cousins and 2 cousin-in-laws. Go Haymore Real Esate!!! (you guys really need a name beside your sponsor...)
Don't worry though, for all you Garrick Haymore fans, he's still playing. He now plays for the Haymore Real Estate softball team with 3 of his brothers, 2 cousins and 2 cousin-in-laws. Go Haymore Real Esate!!! (you guys really need a name beside your sponsor...)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
well it's good that he keeps playing. Gotta love guys they will always find a way to play their sport!!! :)
What an ugly bunch! Don't worry, G will always be a "Saint".
Awwww...it's like the ending of an era...not really because I'm pretty sure that you will be attending MANY a softball game in the years to come. Yes, Rylee and Jadyn will be second generation "softball children"...(c;
Post a Comment