Wednesday, March 11, 2009

I thought I would hate 8 o'clock church...

...but I actually kind of like it. I know, how is that possible? Getting up before the sun is even up is not fun. I don't like that part. However, the great part about going to church at 8 is that you get out at 11. But don't take that wrong, I am not saying that I like "getting it over with," but rather that it's nice to get the day started off right and then to come home and enjoy the rest of the day. These pictures in and of themselves aren't anything spectacular, but I love them. Mostly, because they remind me of how I was feeling- blissful. These are from a month ago when I was just watching Garrick play with the girls after church one Sunday. Moms, is there anything better than watching your husband play with your kids?



Then, the next Sunday Garrick had to work Saturday night (which means that he comes to Sacrament meeting, but then goes home to sleep after). It's a bummer because that means we don't have him to play with till later, but we still had a great time just me and the girls. We seriously spent over an hour just playing and taking pictures in our living room (beware, picture overload because I was feeling very camera-happy). I love playing with my girls and watching them play with each other.


And I thought this was kind of funny, I originally went into the living room to try and snap a decent picture of the room (I had a few requests when we first moved in to post pics of the new house but I ignored them because I hadn't painted or decorated. And I still haven't- except for this room, it's almost done I guess). Here it is before my little shadows followed me in...
And then here is about the same view about a 1/2 hour later... Flowers gone from vase, toys spread over table and on floor, sippy cup on rug, pillow on floor and others in shambles... Tis the life. LOL :)

9 comments:

Erin said...

Cute room! No, there isn't anything better than watching a dad play with his babies. I love it.

Our Ohana said...

your house is cute! I think we have the same couches as you but, how do you keep yours clean?! Our's are ALWAYS dirty!!

Haymore Family said...

those are cute pictures of the girls! Its always fun to be in a camera happy mood! bryson was riding his bike yesturday and told me to get da cama....take a piture

Rebecca said...

you've done such a good job decorating! looks great! when's the next time you're coming to ABQ? we're trying to plan a little shower/get-together for Rachel A..

Aubrey {All Things Bright and Beautiful} said...

I know what you mean about those lazy sundays where you actually get to sit and play, they are the best!!! Such cute pictures, Jadyn is such a smiley girl

Rachel and Eric said...

This post makes me so excited for my little girl! Your girls are so cute! And 8:00am church--Yikes! I don't know if I could get myself ready, let alone two little girls...

Abbey said...

I'm so jealous of your 8am church! Ours is at 2, YUCK! So we spend a nice relaxing Sunday morning together and then end up being late to 2pm church because we lazed the day away already. It's awful!

Flint and Jan said...

I really like 8 am church, cuz I culd always get a NAP!!! Can I reserve a room for the weekend that my parents talk in church for thier farewell? It will probably be just me and the kids, Flint has a wedding on Sat. nite. Mom has no room in the inn...

Sarah and Jeremy said...

The house looks so cute! As do the girls! I loved the last post about the robot ears! So funny!