Thursday, March 26, 2009

You just can't beat FREE



We've been wanting to get Rylee a swing set for her birthday and have been checking out all the different stores and websites with no real luck. Well, the other day I was out walking with the girls and I saw this swing set in somebody's yard so I went and took it. Just kidding...or should I say that's not the whole story? It had a sign on it that said "FREE." (And yes, I also talked to the guy giving it away) So I ran home and got a very groggy Garrick out of bed (he worked the night before and had only been asleep for an hour...I am such a mean wife!). We went and picked up a trailer and loaded up my awesome find. Don't tell CPS, but Rylee wasn't strapped into her carseat because it was only like 1/2 mile from our house and so she was turned around in her seat the whole way home just watching the swing set. Needless to say, she was excited! For the past 2 days all she wants to do is have me push her on the swings. Anyway, I just love great finds, especially when they are FREE!

9 comments:

Our Ohana said...

I love Rylee's outfit ... haha! That doesn't look bad at all and you're right you CANNOT beat free!! That is so awesome!

laurdacooj said...

I'm so jealous! you are one lucky ducky! cannon wants to come over and play!!!

Emily said...

That's awesome, Kara! I wish we could come play outside too!

Lindsey said...

SCORE!!!! Lucky girl, that Rylee!!

Erin said...

Holy Cow, that stuff never happens to me. Jealous! That looks like so much fun.

FOUST said...

You are scoring "BIG TIME" in your neighborhood!! I love life!!!!

Aubrey {All Things Bright and Beautiful} said...

That is so awesome...and sooooooo right up your alley!!! (c: You are such a good shopper! I guess we will just have to come and visit you now to play on Rylee's awesome new swing set! wink, wink

Megan said...

What a steal of a deal! You are a great bargain shopper to find such a great deal on the swing set! I am jealous it is warm enough to play outside down there. It is still snowing and freezing cold in Utah. Blah! Enjoy the warm weather for me! :)

Mutt and Karlee Hall said...

Hey- we got a free swing set too a couple of months ago...I agree you can't beat free!! It kind of looks like yours.