So last Sunday Rylee looked so cute in her red dress and curly hair that I wanted to take a picture. I told her I wanted to take a picture of her and this is how she poses...
On a different note, Rylee wrote her name the other day. Yes, I instructed her how to and showed her while we were doing it, but I didn't hold her hand at all. It was all her! I would tell her what to do (ex: make an oval with a tail---that's the "e") But I am so proud, she's just growing up so fast!
She has also all the sudden started actually drawing pictures and not just scribbles. She draws "monsters" and "witches" and all sorts of different things and even has stories to go with them. She's just a crack up and I love seeing her imagination develop. That same Sunday as picture above, Garrick sat next to Rylee for like 30 minutes as she drew pictures for him and told him stories. And well, I just had to take a quick video. Oh...you're welcome. ;)
Last story (for now...)--- I am a little obsessed with my garden. I really love it and I love seeing the plants grow and that I haven't (yet) killed them. Anyway, so I had this little cucumber plant in a pot next to my garden and it was doing pretty well and growing quite nicely. Then, one day I go out to water the garden and I notice my cucumber plant is gone! I look and see the dead remains next to one of my tomato plants. So I holler at Rylee to "get over here right now!" She comes over and I ask her why she pulled out my cucumber plant. And what does she say? "But it wanted to be by its Mommy!" (because the tomato plant was bigger so that apparently makes it the mommy). How can I be mad when she says that so angelically? Gosh, she makes it hard to stay mad! So I patiently explained to her that the plants need to stay where they are and in the ground and not to touch them anymore. And then I gave her a big hug and kiss because I just couldn't resist!
Last story (for now...)--- I am a little obsessed with my garden. I really love it and I love seeing the plants grow and that I haven't (yet) killed them. Anyway, so I had this little cucumber plant in a pot next to my garden and it was doing pretty well and growing quite nicely. Then, one day I go out to water the garden and I notice my cucumber plant is gone! I look and see the dead remains next to one of my tomato plants. So I holler at Rylee to "get over here right now!" She comes over and I ask her why she pulled out my cucumber plant. And what does she say? "But it wanted to be by its Mommy!" (because the tomato plant was bigger so that apparently makes it the mommy). How can I be mad when she says that so angelically? Gosh, she makes it hard to stay mad! So I patiently explained to her that the plants need to stay where they are and in the ground and not to touch them anymore. And then I gave her a big hug and kiss because I just couldn't resist!
And it's these silly little things that make me cherish being a mother.
I love you, Ryles!
(yes, even when you pull out my beloved cucumber plants...but don't do it again!)
9 comments:
Yeah, those are the moment...mom will never let me forget my little purse full of her beloved marigolds...(c: She is growing up so fast, I loved the story, good one, Ryles!!! (c:
She is just too cute especially with her Marilyn Monroe poses!
that's hilarious about the cucumber plant. you definitely can't stay made at that little one!
ME LOVES BEING A MOMMA TOO!
Ry looks so darling in that outfit!- it is crazy when your girl starts posing -huh!lol
Some girls just know how to work the camera-lol
You are such a cute mom-
loves
YOUR DAUGHTERS ARE SO DANG BEAUTIFUL I CAN'T BELIEVE HOW BIG THEY ARE AND HOW MUCH FUN THEY MUST BE. PROPS ON THE GARDEN I CAN'T IMAGINE WHERE YOU FIND THE TIME:) YOU ARE AMAZING
What a little temptress! :) Sounds like you have had a packed month full of fun! Happy belated B-Day! Way to go on your garden! I miss not having one.
I know exactly where Rylee gets the "Model poses" from. Her MOMMY! Don't you remember all the videos of you and Aubrey fighting for the lens time when you were little? Ya, she comes by it rightfully.
I love the "model pose" She's hott, just like her mommy:)
I've missed you guys! Cannon has been talking about school and Rylee alot lately... lets play!!
What a precious story. I can't believe she can write her own name and all of that fun stuff. She is growing up so fast and I'm glad she is your little helper! :)
Post a Comment