Friday, June 19, 2009

What is THE sweetest thing?

I'm pretty sure I've said before on here that the absolute sweetest thing is watching Garrick play and interact and love on our girls.
It truly melts my heart.
However, there is a very strong contender....watching my girls play and interact and love on each other.
Talk about a puddle of melted heart. (um, does that even make sense???) Seriously though, I could watch them play and giggle and laugh with each all day, it's gotta be the cutest thing in the world.
Rylee is such a great big sister. This is especially touching to me because I was particularly concerned for Jadyn's well-being while pregnant with her. Rylee was, to put it mildly, quite a handful. And by handful I mean that's what she would be taking from the other kids heads. Ah yes, quite a number of tears were shed and time spent researching what I was supposed to do with her. But I can honestly say that she has turned into quite a little sweetie. Granted she still has her moments...she's 3 (enough said, right?) but overall she's a wonderful helper and such a great big sister. Jadyn just ADORES her and lights up whenever she sees her. For instance, in the morning, Rylee is usually awake before Jadyn and so when Jade does wake up and I go get her out of bed, she looks around for Rylee until she sees her and then just starts laughing. There's also been countless times that I've found Rylee in Jadyn's crib with her playing in there because Rylee heard her awake in there. And, I don't know if anyone can consistently get Jadyn to laugh as loud and hard as Rylee can (except for maybe Dad, but that's even a maybe). Our latest game with Jadyn is to hide around corners/couches/cabinets and then to peek out and then basically charge her as fast as we can. Sounds crazy and a little mean, but she LOVES it and shrieks out of giddy excitement as soon as she sees us. Well, Rylee has picked up on the game and so she's been doing that with Jadyn and it's just hilarious to watch. I recorded a short video. Unfortunately, I didn't think to record it until like the 20th time (in that morning) so Jadyn's excitement and shrieking and laughing had died down a bit, but trust me, she goes crazy for it. Also, sorry but I recorded it sideways because I forgot that I don't know how to flip it. And my apologies about the unsteady filming, but it was from Jadyn whacking the camera because she was excited. Oh wait, one more warning--don't mind the major bed-head on both the girls. I can't be bothered with fixing their hair yet that early in the morning. (haha)

Oh, and to switch gears a little. Jadyn has finally decided to grace us with her walking ability. She's the biggest wienie about it though, it's pretty funny. She's just, shall we say, very conservative. It's been quite a change from Rylee who dove head first into everything and started full-on walking at 10 1/2 months. I've gotta say though, I was relieved that Jadyn has taken her time with walking. However, I think I'm ready for her to walk now because I'm tired of her being so dirty from crawling around in everything. And so here is a video of her attempting to walk because Grandma requested it. So here you go.. (don't mind my annoying voice either...does anyone else hate hearing their recorded voices? I sound so dumb)

In short, I would just like to reiterate as I've said before...I LOVE BEING A MOM (it's quite easy with such cute lil girls though!) ;)

6 comments:

The Clawson's said...

That is so darn cute! I know, I kinda hope that I have a boy next time around. So Brod can have a little buddy. And Jade's walking! I still can't believe she is one!

Rebecca said...

what little cuties! i can't wait for my little ones to play together ( long time coming).

Aubrey {All Things Bright and Beautiful} said...

I can't believe she's walking! Those two videos are the cutest thing on the planet! It really is adorable to see the kids playing together...it's just now that Caden thinks Skylar is interesting enough to play with, but she just thinks he hung the moon...just like Caden thinks about Rylee!

P B Wallace said...

The best part is, well all of it, but the part where Rylee plants a big smacker on Jadyns forehead after she walked to her. What sisterly love! Sweet. I also like the teenager look on Jadyn with the saggy drawers. Uncle Zach?

Spencer and Marlee said...

They are so fun to live next to!!I can't wait to have Madi. Rylee and Jayden are going to be great for her!! Plus will Reese just down the street we are going to have lots of girls nights!!
Hopefully they will all get a long as well as your 2 little ones do.

carrie said...

Yeah, we will be here that weekend for sure. We need to get together with the kids! Just let us know where and when:)