Garrick had a few days off so we decided it was time for a little vacation! We figured since we are so close to California now (compared to the distance to it from Abq) we should take advantage...and so we did. It was a great little trip and we had a lot of fun. Here's the rundown of the days.
Day 1
- Arrived in San Diego about 5pm
- Garrick took Rylee for a quick swim in the pool
- Took girls for their first visit to the beach before it got dark
- Took a moonlit walk on the beach
- Got the HUGEST slices of pizza I've ever seen (not kidding, 2 slices took up an entire pizza box)
Overview of Day 1
Drive was long and boring but the girls did very well. The beach was fun but it's a pretty crazy crowd at night. Rylee really wanted to go into one of the clubs and go dance. Sorry darling, but they dance very different in there! Haha :)
Day 2- Headed off to Coronado Island
- Drove around the neighborhoods and streets while Jadyn took a quick nap (and now I want to move to Coronado Island--they have the most beautiful homes with the most beautiful yards, not to mention even the street medians are unbelievably beautiful and perfectly manicured...can you tell I thought it was *beautiful*?)
- Played and ate and played at Coronado Beach
- Took girls back to hotel for nap
- Went driving and ended up at Ocean Beach
- Watched the surfers (there were like 100 at this beach) and walked down a long pier
- Found a random BBQ place to eat at (very good)
- Walked around some more
- Grandma Lisa and Papa Pat finally made it to San Diego
Overview of Day 2
Lots of fun! Obviously I liked Coronado Island and the beach was just as beautiful--very clean and white, soft sand. Rylee LOVED digging in the sand and playing in it, but was terrified of the water. She didn't want to go near it! She did a few times and she thought she was slipping when the water was running back to the ocean after a wave. We had to keep a close eye on Jadyn because she kept taking off for the water, either that or she was chasing the seagulls. Jadyn LOVED the seagulls and got the biggest kick out of throwing her lunch to them. After lots of digging, playing, and relaxing we couldn't leave fast enough because both girls hit their melting points between being exhausted and covered in sand. Then after their naps it was really fun just walking around with my cute little family. I love family time! And then, of course, it was so great to meet up with my parents in San Diego. The girls love having their Grandma and Papa around!
Day 3
- Headed to Sea World
- Ran from one show to the next and also took Rylee on the Sesame Street rides
- Took girls back to hotel for an afternoon nap to let them recharge for the rest of the day and evening at Sea World
- Back to Sea World and went to more shows!
* *I had to add these last 2 pics with the background on them. We saw the Cirque de la Mer show and Rylee liked watching the guys jump and climb and dance. She did not, however, like taking a picture with them afterwards. She thought they were real monsters. The guys were nice though and took the time to prove they were just people dressed up and so then she was fine and gave them high fives. It was just funny because she was clinging so tight to Papa until they showed her they were just wearing costumes.*
I loved Sea World! The shows are amazing and it's incredible what those animals have learned to do! The girls both LOVED the shows and seeing all the different animals, but I think Rylee's favorite part was the Sesame Street rides. Well maybe...she loved it all--especially her Dolly Dolphin AND Shamu stuffed animals Grandma bought her (yes, she got spoiled rotten!) :)
Day 4
- Went to see San Diego Temple
- Back to the beach (but we went to Mission Beach this time)
*How pathetic is this last picture? Jadyn was so tired by the time we were leaving the beach that she actually fell asleep while I was changing her diaper on my lap...poor girl!*
Overview of Day 4
The San Diego Temple is just gorgeous. Rylee, of course, loved going there and walking around the grounds. She even helped them manicure the flowers (she's a little obsessed with picking the dead flowers off and weeding...I think I might be too obsessed with doing that at home....) It was really fun to go back to the beach again, especially with my parents this time. The girls really enjoyed having them there (I did too!). In fact, we spent a little too much time there and didn't end up leaving till later which meant we didn't get to Phoenix until really late. But it was fun! :)
Day 5
- Went to go see our brand new nephew, Cole!
- Drove back home
Overview of Day 5
Overall we had a great time in California! And even now (2 weeks later), Rylee is still asking to "go back to our room. Our room in California." Such a funny girl, but I agree with her...I want to go back too!



9 comments:
San Diego is where Robbie served his mission. We drove out one weekend and Robbie took me EVERYWHERE! It's really beautiful there. Looks like you guys had a great time.
Awesome pictures. Thanks for reminding us AGAIN of what a great time we all had. See ya soon.
How fun I am so jealous, as well with your dedication to blogging all of that!!!!
PS Super cute swim suit!
what a fun trip! I was talking to Emily last week before she left, and she said she had never been to California.... so we decided to go again in October... if you guys want to go... we could have a PAR-tAY!
so... now your home... lets hang out:)
Kara these pictures are so fun!!! I'm glad you guys had such a good time!! We miss you!!
What a fun trip...the girlies are so flippin' cute, as always! We are so STOKED you guys will be here at the end of the week! YAY!!!
WOW you guys had a blast! That was so sweet your last post about the girls. It'll be fun when Crew has a little sibling. . .later down the road of course. :)
Whew! What a trip! I love SD- I'm totally jealous. YOu're such a good Mom for taking them to the beach so much. Babies+Sand+Me do not mix. I'm glad you guys had so much fun- can't wait to see you in a couple days!
That's where Alan served his mission--He's dreaming of going back for vacation. He'll be so jealous. It looks like you guys had an amazing trip. And wow for blogging it all!
Post a Comment