It's obviously not the "best" picture (in quality, or of me, and the girls hair isn't fixed all cutsie), but I love it. It's us. I love my girls. I love being a mom.
You know, growing up everybody had that "something" they wanted to grow up and become. Doctors, professional baseball/basketball/football players, teachers, singers etc. etc. etc... Mine has always been to be a mother. It's what I always wanted and it's what I always envisioned for myself in my life. I feel so blessed that I am doing what I have always wanted to do. I would say that is pretty lucky. I know some people might say that I didn't set my sights high enough or that I wasn't driven enough but I just laugh at them (if I am in a good mood, if I'm not I might say or think something inappropriate....just kidding....sort of).
"It is so obvious that the great good and the terrible evil in the world today are the sweet and the bitter fruits of the rearing of yesterday’s children. As we train a new generation, so will the world be in a few years. If you are worried about the future, then look to the upbringing of your children."
- President Gordon B. Hinckley
So to those skeptical people I say "I am changing the world, what are you up to?"
10 comments:
That is such a cute picture! Your girls are precious! Hey we need to get together soon! I'm so sad I'm gonna miss bunko...AGAIN!
you are so sweet!! I love you!!! and, I love this picture!!1
Such a sweet picture! It makes me really happy to look at it too!
I love the last sentence...AMEN!!!!!
amen! i love being a mom and i can't think of any more important job! you guys all look beautiful in that picture!
sooo cute!! I LOVE IT TOO!! :)
Love it, karesy...all of it. Especially that I have such a wise and insightful sister, I love that President Hinkley quote, I miss that man!!! (c: That is the most darling picture...
I love that picture! I didn't even notice the hair or the quality - it is just one of those great pictures that captures a moment perfectly! You are such a cute Mom!
Thanks for reminding Mom and I, (Mom about 99%), of how we changed the world by raising such great kids. You all are turning out pretty darn good and well on the way to changing the world with your own kids. Nothing makes a parent more proud than seeing their children succeed in things that really matter. Thanks!
I love this post! You are such a great example and I remember having a talk at EFY all those years ago that all we wanted to do was to be moms and that we would do it someday. I'm glad you are living that dream for the both of us while I have to be patient and be a teacher for a few years. I hope I can be as cute and good as mom as you someday. Thanks so much for your example. Love you!
G and Kara hey I haven't talked to you guys in a long time but this is your long lost friend Lee Hamblin I was messing around on my wifes blog and found you. It would be nice to talk to you email me at leehambone@hotmail.com or comment on our blog hope to hear from you soon.
Post a Comment