Thursday, September 2, 2010


I really do hate that I've gotten so terrible at blogging. I love looking back at old posts and reading them and being reminded of all those fun times. Maybe I'll get back into it, if for nothing else, at least for the sake of having it journaled! (which is actually what it's mostly always been about) Anyways, I guess I just want to publicly declare that I still enjoy blogging (and reading your blogs---even all you other blog slackers out there)! So hopefully I'll change my ways.... :)

Anyway, on to the real reason for the post....DISNEYLAND! Yes, I'm finally blogging about our trip to Disneyland back in May.

The planning started months before and it was supposed to be the whole Haymore family, but slowly we kept having families drop out and so it ended up just being, Garrick's parents who brought our nephew Hunter, Ryan and Camille and their kids and then us. It was still so much fun, even though all the other slackers bailed on us. ;)

We spent 2 days at Disneyland and it was such a blast. We made it to all the rides at least once, but spent the majority of the time in the kiddie areas, which probably doesn't sound all that enthralling, but seeing the looks on the kids' faces...definitely PRICELESS. After the first day, we asked Rylee what her favorite part was and she tells us "the merry-go-round". Go figure, haha. We thought we had figured out a good time to go to Disneyland when it hopefully wouldn't be crazy busy (we thought it would be after spring breaks/before summer) but it was still pretty crowded. Thankfully though, we really didn't have to wait in any lines for TOO long. Well, except for the princess village. That was by far the longest line I waited in, but oh my, it was SOOOO worth it. We had been telling Rylee for the weeks leading up to the trip that she was going to get to meet the princesses and that would get her so excited. Little did we know that Disneyland has quite the racket going on with the princesses though....but that's a different story. Anyway, the only way we could meet or even see the princesses was by waiting in a crazy long line to go through the princess village or whatever it was called. So anyway, after a long wait in line, Rylee and Jadyn got to meet Ariel, Cinderella and Mulan. The look on Rylee's face when she met them was just so precious. She turned to me and got all excited and said "Mom! They're real!". So stinkin' cute! Despite the long wait to meet them, it was soooo worth it to see the look on Rylee's face. She was in heaven! At bedtime after the 2nd night, I again asked Rylee what her favorite part was about Disneyland. And this time, it was a sure "meeting the princesses!"

The next day we headed to the beach for the morning. It was a pretty cold day so nobody really wanted to go swimming (except for Hunter), but that sure didn't keep the kids from having a BLAST in the sand and splashing around. After hitting the beach and eating lunch, we settled back into our car and made the long drive home. The girls actually did really great on both the drive up and back (phew!). We had such a fun trip to California and I can't wait to go again!


No comments: