Monday, November 1, 2010

Summer 2010

I'm back for my monthly blog update! And it's a doozy :)
So I figured with the baby coming soon I should probably clear off the months and months worth of pictures I have on my camera. As I was looking at all the pictures I just kept thinking "I can't believe summer is already over!" Seriously though, HOW is that even possible? Did it fly by for anybody else? Looking back though, we had a great summer and lots of fun, maybe that's why it went by so fast? Anyway, here are some of the photo-documented things we did this summer--

Started out with lots of water fun in the backyard...
Lots of play time at the park...

Discovered these awesome curlers! (exciting, I know--but it was to me) ;) ....
Great 4th of July...
Then the monsoons came, and wow, they sure CAME this year, we had SO much rain! So we took a few hikes through the "jungle" (aka-overgrown wash behind our house) Found baby frogs in our yard and tortured, I mean, played with them...
Played in the mud (not Mom's favorite activity)...

And when it was too rainy outside, there was LOTS of make-believe and dress up...And even a "princess tea party" here and there...
We also made a couple trips up to the family cabin.


The first was with our family, Ryan's family (Garrick's brother) and Uncle Ron. We went the first weekend in June and it was so much fun and a much needed solace from our traumatic memorial day weekend. We just hung out, played in the stream and road quads. What could be better? Oh, probably the fact that when the boys went on a quad ride at night, and took Rylee and Bryson, they saw a bear and followed it on the quads. That was quite a highlight for them all. :)
Photobucket
Photobucket

Then our other trip to the cabin was for the annual Haymore Family Reunion. It was a blast (as always!) It's so much fun to get everyone together and especially now it's so much fun to watch our little ones play and have SO much fun with and get to know all their cousins (and 2nd, 3rd cousins or whatever they are! haha)
Photobucket
Photobucket

(and just a few comments/explanations on those bottom 2 pics-- The beautiful girl with her fingers up her nose is Megan. Her and Casey had my camera and were taking classy pics of themselves so I threatened to publish them on the internet. Casey was smart and deleted all the ones of her. Meg- sorry but you forgot one... hehe. And then the one of Rylee hitting the pinata--i just wanted to point out that aggression on her face. I guess she was really into it!)

Also this summer both Garrick and I got to take a trip for ourselves, but naturally we have no pictures... In July, Garrick went with his brothers, Dad and some friends to the white mountains to go camping and fishing. They all had such a fun time and claim they are going to make it a tradition. Then a couple weeks later I went on a girls getaway to Scottsdale with Camille, Laurel and Emily. We stayed at a sweet hotel, shopped, shopped and shopped, ate ALL the great food we possibly could, and stayed up WAY too late being WAY too crazy! haha! :) We had a great time!


So basically, we had a great, fun-filled summer! And while I kept thinking to myself as I looked over the pictures about how I couldn't believe the summer is already over, I then found this picture...
(taken May 20th at 15 weeks)



And I realize summer is over because I now look like this...(taken October 27th at 38 weeks)



Yup, summer is over because things sure have changed!!!

8 comments:

Aubrey {All Things Bright and Beautiful} said...

Your pictures are so cute!!! I especially love the dress up and the tea party ones...they are so darn adorable, those nieces of mine...can't wait to meet my nephew!!!

The Cash Family said...

You look FANTASTIC Kara!! Looks like you had a fun summer. We should meet up in the White Mountains some time!

Rebecca said...

you look so good! and i can't believe you're having #3! I can't wait to see what a little haymore boy's gonna look like!

Tiffany said...

You're so cute! That's about how I look! Haha! Isn't it nice you're finally nearing the end? Although, it is nice being able to hold the 2 kids' hands and not worry about a baby in a baby carrier or anything!

Emily said...

You're so cute. Look at that beach ball! :)

Lindsey said...

Good grief, you are adorable!!! I can't wait for your little guy to get here! Good luck with newborn boy midnight diaper changes...they are a blast!

Jenny said...

Your girls are friggin adorable. you are so cute with your basketball belly and i wanna know what those amazing curlers are!!

Spencer and Marlee said...

It does look like a fun summer!! I love all the pictures. Those two little girls are so stinking cute!! I am so excited for you guys!! It's coming soon! I can't wait to see what he looks like except your family looks so much alike. he's going to be a looker.