
Albuquerque is VERY proud to host the worlds biggest balloon fiesta! Every year, the 1st two

weekends and the week in between them of October, Albuquerque becomes overrun with crazy balloonists and tourists. Since this is supposed to be our last year living in NM, Gary and Delann (Garrick's parents)

decided that they better come to see what all the fuss is about. Okay, so they came during the balloon fiesta and they wanted to see it...but we all know the real reason was to see Rylee. :) Anyway, we woke up at 5:30am to leave the house at 6:15am to fight traffic and get to Balloon Fiesta grounds at about 6:45-7:00am. Yeah..it was SOOO early and cold! (but the balloons lift off early in the morning cuz

it's cold and they need cold air for the balloons to work...if anybody was wondering...). Well it's quite a sight to see. There are hundreds (I think they said there were 700 the other morning) that are going up all around you. I love the bumble bees, they are so cute. They inflate right next to each other, and then, when they take off, they're holding hands (velcro fastened) and then they lift off and seperate. I just think they're

adorable. Even though it was early and cold, Rylee absolutely LOVED it!!! When we first got to the grounds and we were walking up to the fiesta, she could see the balloons starting to go up and she was so excited! She was just sitting in her stroller kicking her feet and smiling and sqealing, it was so funny! Even though Rylee loved seeing all the balloons and everything, I still think her favorite thing about it was Grandma buying Rylee her own little balloon...she LOVES it! Anyway, we had a lot of fun and Rylee loved having her Grandma and Grandpa Haymore come visit (and so did me and Garrick)!
6 comments:
How cool! I didn't know that they went there until Camille was telling me about the fiesta! That sounds like fun!
WOW!! That looks like so much fun. The bees ARE really cute. And I love Rylee's little beanie.
Oh I miss Albuquerque soooooo much!!! And I miss you guys too! Way cute hat! (Gasping with Oos and Ahs) Where on earth did you get it?
wow your town is so cool! and ya this better be your last year in NM! jk i love you guys blablabla! and by the way LOBOS suck! haha
They have a little balloon thing here, but it only has about ten. I would love to see something like that. Okay Kara I am a dork, I got the slide show to go vertical, but I cant get it to post as a page element it will only post as a regualr post, What did you put it under! Thanks for your help!
How cute, Kara! Your post made me wish that I had made the trek down to the fields! Rylee is so adorable!
Post a Comment