
About two weeks ago Garrick was getting ready while Rylee played. She came strutting out without her pants and diaper on and said "I peed." Of course Garrick's initial thought is "Oh man! Another mess to clean up, gross!" But then she led him into the bathroom and Garrick saw that she had taken her pants and diaper off and went pee in her potty all by herself!!! We had been talking to her a lot about going potty like a big girl and had sat her on the potty a few times, but after this proud moment we figured it was time to get serious about potty training. So for a couple days she was doing great and she would get all excited about going on the big girl potty and all. But then all the sudden after those few great days, anytime I would say "Let's go sit on the potty" she would start throwing a fit and say "NO POTTY!" I definitely do not want to make potty training some power struggle with her because I'm pretty sure I would lose that one. I figured I would wait a week or so and then start asking again. So I have... and at first she kept giving me the same stubborn answer, but then when Garrick tried with her yesterday she went for him! What a stinker! But hey, I'm just glad she's willing to start trying again, even if it's only for Dad. Too bad we're going out of town tomorrow, traveling is certainly not ideal for potty training. Hopefully she'll be ready to be serious about it when we get home. By the way, I hate potty training. Anybody have any advice on how to make it easier? Or just how to do it in general??? I need help...
6 comments:
I feel for you! We are on our third try with Karsyn. Kynlie took 1 week. I honestly think that if you push it they learn to hate it. Maybe taking her to the store to buy big girl panties and all that would make her excited?
I can't believe your baby is one month old already! oh my gosh! she is such a cutie!
are you guys travelling here to Utah to visit us? yay! come! :)
as to potty training, I am still training Trevor so when I'm done I'll tell you what worked, hehehehehehe
:)
hugs!
I agree with you! I hate potty training! I tried with Corban and it didn't work! Boys take longer though! You are lucky she is showing interest already! It's frustrating! I can't wait till the day Corban wants to do it! Hopefully soon!
Well I have no advice on the training part, especially since we know our little rylee-kins has a mind of her own...but I must say she is so cute! She is so smart, I'm pretty sure when SHE decides it's time, it will be a breeze, right??? (c:
That's awesome that she went by herself! My friends used to bring their potty with them everywhere... I remember they had it at the park while we were playing kickball one day. It was hilarious. Keep up the good work!
Oh man.. have you tried making her go outside like a boy. jk!!! That is funny. What a Daddie's girl!
Post a Comment