Wednesday, October 15, 2008
Life on the highway
M
y parents and sisters came to visit this past weekend and we dec
ided to go up to Tucson on Saturday to go to the zoo and visit our Grandmas. Welp, we didn't make it to the zoo! Instead, we hung out on the Interstate for an hour and a half! Some stupid truck driver was going too fast with his empty double trailer semi and rolled it on its side blocking both lanes (yes he was okay; the truck, however, was not). So us and thousands of others were just stuck. As miserable as it could have been, it actually wasn't the worst experience of my life, even maybe a little fun. Everybody was out of their cars and talking. The kids were climbing up the hills and basically just making the most out of a sucky situation! And yes, I
climbed up the hill too to see if I could see anything. Total flashback to my senior year in HS when my Mom, Elissa and myself were on our way to Rocky Point and we ran out of gas. It was in almost the same exact place (probably within a mile or 2) and when that happened I had climbed up the hill on the side of the highway to try and get reception on the cell phone. Ahh, good times. Who scales the side of the highway twice in their life? Anyway, good thing we weren't on a time crunch for anything, I felt bad for anybody who might have been! So yeah, we finally made it to Tucson but since we were short
on time we didn't get to the zoo, but we did see both Grandma's and other family, even my brother Ryan came down from Mesa to see us all. Thanks for making the drive Ryno! ;)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Fun, fun, fun! I didn't get to hear the stranded on the highway story...I just love the pictures of the little cuties!
That is pretty sucky, I am glad that your trip turned out pretty good still, you need to call us sometime when your coming this way and we can eat lunch or shop. My husband loves baseball so him and Garrick will get along just fine and they both are going to have all girls- just kidding I just like to tease TC about that.
Post a Comment