Monday, October 20, 2008

I love to see the temple!

For the past few months, Rylee has been totally obsessed with temples. (I think it started when Bryna got married, but I'm not sure). Anyway, she is always asking to go to the temple and she loves to sing "I love to see the temple." I attached a video of Rylee singing it while Grandma plays the piano. It's one of her favorite things to do with Grandma, and we all think it's pretty cute too. ;) (and sorry, I recorded it sideways and don't know how to turn it)

Here's a few recent conversations:

Rylee: I want to go to the temple
Mom: Oh yeah?
Rylee: Mommy and Daddy got married in the temple
Mom: You're right, we did.
Rylee: I want to go to the temple and get married
Mom: Really? Who are you going to marry?
Rylee: Grandma!

We went up to Mesa this weekend and so we took Rylee to go see the temple and this is how it went when we were almost there...
Dad: We're almost to the temple, Rylee
Rylee: (VERY excited) I'm going to get married!!!!!
And then she broke into 3 rounds of "I love to see the temple"

Dad: Which temple is this Rylee? (We're working on distinguishing between Abq and Mesa)
Rylee: The Spirit temple! The Holy Spirit Temple!

10 comments:

Maren said...

debi called scott this weekend and told him you were going to be up here. was garrick in a tournament or something? it would have been fun to see you guys. its been forever!

Erin said...

Those last two conversations are hilarious! Haha. You are giving her a very good start.

Meghan said...

Oh that is so stinkin sweet! I love little kids and their innocence! I can't wait to see you guys again in just two and a half weeks!

FOUST said...

TOO CUTE!
She is totally into it! She knew all the words too??? so sweet

Emily said...

I love that she thought she was getting married. That's classic!

Rebecca said...

Oliver is so excited right now, looking at your pics, he literally can hardly contain himself. He still loves Rylee!

Aubrey {All Things Bright and Beautiful} said...

That video is too stinkin' cute, how smart is my niece??? I especially like the finale with the shaking head, very dramatic...(c:

Kika VilaNova said...

That's such a good obssession to have, isn't it? how cute!! You have to help me teach my daughter how to be a good girl and like the Temples :)

hugs hus

carrie said...

I love the video. Jeremiah and I listened to it twice! She is such a cutie girl! Hey, are you guys going to be in ALB for Christmas? The Goodsons and Fishs will be there at some point and it would be like a reunion if we all got together:)

Garet and Amanda said...

oh my gosh that is the cutest thing ever to watch. I love it!!!