Yesterday I watched as the first African-American man became the President of The United States of America. Despite the fact that I didn't vote for him, I couldn't help but feel a certain sense of pride in our country that we have come so far as to overcome certain (and I say "certain" because there are so many more to overcome) prejudices. It was emotional to think of what it obviously meant to the many African-Americans who have experienced such terrible atrocities based purely on the color of their skin. That being said, I hope and wish that by the time my children can vote, the race or gender of a candidate will not be newsworthy or, for that matter, a deciding factor in their election.
Welp, on a completely, and I mean COMPLETELY, different note...
I went to the mall on Monday and Dillards was having an AWESOME sale on their shoes so I got, not one, but TWO pairs of shoes! For any of those who know me very well, this is an extremely rare occasion. I'm talking eclipse of the sun and the moon in the same 24-hour period rare. I'm, shall we say, frugal? But a sale like that, and cute shoes like these, are just too good to pass up...
While I was at the mall we decided to walk down and get a cookie. And while we were down there I saw this little place across from the cookie place that did a certain thing and so....
the girls got their ears pierced!!!
They look so stinkin' cute and I can't believe I waited so long to do it! I'm just a big baby, what can I say? Okay, so to come clean I actually didn't just pierce their ears then and there on a whim. I would have, but the lady said that it would be best if there were 2 people there for Rylee. Well I'm apparently slow and didn't realize that she meant 2 people working there so that they could pierce her ears at the same time. Instead, I brought Garrick with me the next day and we got them done anyway. It wasn't a big deal though doing one and then the other right after. Both Rylee and Jadyn did pretty well, everything considered. Rylee picked out "pink diamonds" and loves them. She's very proud of her pierced ears. And Jadyn, well, she couldn't care less. They sure look cute though and I'm glad I finally had the guts to do it. I guess it just takes NOT planning it for me to get it done....
12 comments:
They look so cute, Kara! You're brave--I think that Abbie might rip them right out of her own ears.
Seriously, thanks for writing this about Obama. I've been in a pretty bad mood about the entire thing, but there really is a bright side and I really should try to see that bright side.
I've been looking for boots like that! Are they still on sale? Maybe I want you to go buy me some. Ugh. That's what stinks about living in a tiny town... I never get the sales! Seriously, if they are still on sale I might want you to really get me some. I'll call you.
Cute piercings!! I love little girls with their ears pierced.
SORRY! Another long comment. About sleeping through the night... I don't know how you feel about this, but my doc told me to start letting her cry through the night at 6 months - no feeding, or picking her up unless she needs a diaper change. So we've been waking up like 5 times a night lately. I finally decided 2 nights ago that I'd let her cry it out because I was going insane. Well, it's working! She has only woken up 1 time the last 2 nights. I gave her a diaper change, put her back in bed, she cried for 5 minutes and then went back to sleep. I know it's hard at first, but maybe you could try that! Good luck.
yea for pierced ears!!
SO cute!!! I love little girls with pierced ears. I was so glad that I got paiges done to. I bet Rylee really feels like a little princess now.
Your shoes are so cute also. I miss shopping. when we were in Dallas I went a lot but you really didn't have to spend a lot b/c I only bought when things were really really on sale. Now when I go shopping I have to kinda get whatever at the price at that time I go, or just wait and MAYBE they will be on sale later. anyways...there cute! and again I love the piercings!!
Yea for doing their ears!!! I am so glad I did McKylah's so early. She never cared at all, and she was too little to fight me on cleaning them. Now that they are done and healed she doesn't think twice about them because they have always been there. Yea for earings!
Yea!!! I love their pierced ears!!! We finally got Skylar's 2 month shots and we're going on Saturday to get hers done! We were just talking about this at lunch group on Thurs last week! I'm so glad you did it, too!
BTW...Awesome shoes! I guess I should head to Dillard's...(c:
Someday I'm going to tell you about life growing up in southern Georgia. For another time...
Anyway, cute shoes! If I had an inkling of desire to go shopping right now in my pregnant state, I might be able to do some serious damage.
I love their ears! I've been trying to convince Christian to let me pierce our baby's ears when she's a few months old. So far the answer is "no" but I'll have to direct him to your blog.:)
You are so brave to do the ear piercing! It's really cute:)
How fun! I can't decide what I will do when I have a girl. I love babies with pierced ears, but I bet it was kinda fun that Rylee was old enough to want it and be excited about it. :) Oh decisions, decisions! Good thing Crew is a boy, I've got a while to think on it!
Ok you're shoes are the cutest! Good job finding the sale! Yay for getting the girls ears pierced too! They look so cute! I did Brighton's when she was just 2 months old! Girls are so much fun!
Post a Comment