Thursday, January 15, 2009

Long overdue...

Funny that as I am sitting here writing this post, I'm reminded that when I was thinking of New Year's resolutions, I thought that a good one would be to make a commitment to doing at least one post a week. And now, here we are 2 weeks into the New Year and this is my first one... Yup, great job on that resolution right? Well if this is any indication, you can all guess at how well my weight loss/working out one is going.... (okay, I didn't really make a resolution for that...I knew I wouldn't keep it! ;) Just a warning, this post is annoyingly long...feel free to skip through!

Anyway, it's long overdue, but here's the rundown on the Christmas season and Christmas for us. The season got a start with a cute Christmas parade they have here. It was their first year of doing a night and lights parade and it turned out pretty cool. Rylee loved going to the "harade" and had a great time. I love the pic of Rylee holding Jadyn's hand and pointing! She was so excited and was trying to get Jadyn excited too. You can see in the last picture how excited Rylee was to see all the floats (and no, Camille and is not grabbing a big hunk of Bryson booty, she was pulling him back from trying to join the parade. I think....). :) The holiday festivities continued when we went to Albuquerque to visit the family. We had a fun time and went to the zoo, saw a couple different light shows and got to visit with some of our friends. Surprisingly, the only pictures I have from that trip were one at the zoo with Rylee feeding the ducks with Papa and then one with Rylee and Papa looking at the lights at this amazing house that coordinates the lights with music. (It's awesome, if you are interested in seeing what I mean click here.) Anyway, then Christmas Eve came and we had a crazy full-house gathering (I think 47 was the total head count, according to Marlee anyway). It was a lot of fun and we had some great Mexican food! The Haymore's always do a really neat Christmas program with beautiful musical numbers and all. And of course you can't forget the Nativity! The kids all did pretty good too, although I must admit I miss the days of the angel (Hunter) getting tackled by his Dad because he was on his way to do damage elsewhere. Kids always make it interesting! :) Rylee got to be an angel this year and I've gotta say she looked pretty angelic (looks can be deceiving...j/k)! I forgot my camera and so I had to steal this picture from Flint.
After a night of last minute wrapping and cleanup Christmas day finally came and the girls were pretty excited, okay... Rylee was pretty excited. It's so fun having a little one who is starting to understand more about Christmas! And she sure cashed in as well. She got so spoiled between Santa, Mom, Dad, and her grandparents! Her favorite presents are her baby doll set which includes a carrier, bassinet and stroller, her Cinderella tent that she drags all over the house and, her very favorite, her treasure chest that included 3 dress-up dresses and accessories. And now everyday if I don't get her dressed first, she yanks her jammies off and puts on one of the dresses. Oh heck, even if I do get her dressed first it eventually comes off and the dresses go on! Jadyn was just happy with all the wrapping paper, she thought it was pretty fun to play in. Isn't it funny how you live and learn? For Rylee's first Christmas I had to get her a bunch of presents because, hello!, it was her "FIRST Christmas." And well, she could have cared less about the presents... she was 8 months old. And so little Jadyn was 7 months for Christmas this year and I got her one present so I could at least say I got her something for Christmas. The result? She was perfectly happy! Duh. Garrick's parents and most of his brothers and sisters came over to see the girls open their presents that morning. It was a full house but so fun to have everyone over! Christmas ended with another big Haymore family dinner over at Aunt Marsha's, which Rylee HAD to attend in one of her princess dresses, of course. Overall, Christmas was great for us!


4 comments:

FOUST said...

Ok that looks like an amazing Christmas!! Your girls are too precious! Happy New Year!

Maren said...

great christmas! glad you got to go home for a few days. sad we missed you though while we were in sierra vista. i love the picture of your girls by the tree smiling at each other. too cute!!

carrie said...

I think we have a pic of Wendels first Christmas in all the paper like Jadyn...so funny! She is such a cutie. And Riley is such a girl! I love all the pics:)

Aubrey {All Things Bright and Beautiful} said...

Your Christmas pictures are so cute...I really like the wrapping paper ones! Btw, that was your obnoxious face? Looks normal to me...hahahaha you knew I wouldn't be able to pass that one up! What are big sisters for? Love you!