Then, the next week my Dad came for a quick visit on his way to pick up my sister at college. (It's actually not on the way at all, but Papa Pat was good enough to come over to visit us anyway!) We loved the visit, even though it was short. Plus, he came bearing gifts and look at how cute these jammies are? (thanks G'ma!) 
And I am pretty sure this is now one of my favorite photos of my Dad. Really, how stinkin' cute (and sweet) is that?!
Then on Saturday my little brother, Ryan, came down to visit us. Rylee had a good time bonding with her Uncle Ryan (Wallace...she has 2 Uncle Ryan's). I think he had a pretty decent time too! ;) Unfortunately I forgot to take any pictures while he was here...oops! Then Sunday was Mother's Day, which was really nice. Nothing too big or fancy, but I got a gift certificate for a pedicure so what is better than that?!
Then, Monday morning we took off for Phoenix. We went up to watch a D-backs game, but I'll post about it later because I think it warrants it's own post...hehehe.
Anyway, we were supposed to have family pictures taken the next morning but the girls were both being such beasts that we decided to just pack up and go because there was no way we were going to get a decent picture. Hopefully, we'll get some good family pics one of these days! On the way home we stopped at my G'ma Ruth's house because my Mom, my sister Aubrey, and her 2 kids were there. So we hung out for a while there then headed home. That night, I went out to dinner with my SIL's and some girlfriends for a birthday dinner for Camille and myself. The next day they (my Mom, Aubrey, Caden and Skylar) came down to hang out with us for the rest of the week. Let's be honest, Thursday was a little tough on the kids because they were/had been traveling and that always throws them through a loop, plus, they weren't feeling so great. But we still managed to get in a little shopping and had the kids play in the pool. Then Friday (which was also my birthday) totally made up for it. I had a great birthday! We went to the park in the morning a met up with some friends there and ate Applebee's ToGo. Then after we went home and got the kids down for naps we left them with Garrick (thanks babe!) and we went and got pedicures and did a little bit of shopping. And then that night we got a babysitter and went out for an adult only dinner. So yeah, I think it was a pretty good birthday! Here's some pics from their visit...

Caden, Skylar, Jadyn and Rylee---this is the best we could get of them....

We caught a lizard and Caden and Rylee were so excited! You can see in the picture exactly what Caden is saying..."I hold wizard" That poor lizard. However, the good news is he was eventually sent free and lived a long a happy life...or so we hope.

And I love this picture of Skylar, I must commend myself for it. haha :) It was so fun having them come and visit because Skylar was born after we moved so I haven't gotten to know her like I did with Caden. She pretty much rivals Jadyn as the sweetest, happiest and most easy-going baby ever! What a doll, huh?!

Like I said, for me, it was a pretty busy couple weeks, but I had a great time!



7 comments:
Happy Birthday!! Dang, you weren't kidding when you said you were busy. But it all sounded like a ton of fun. Can you believe our babies are ONE?! You guys need to call us next time you go to Phx for a d-backs game. We've been dying to go to one. Who was going to do your pictures? I just bought a canon 40d and photoshop and I'm ready to start practicing on people! So if you want to get them done for super cheap, I'd love to take them for you guys. Just an offer, no pressure though. Missed you guys at Heath's reception! Too bad you couldn't come.
That is BUSY!!! I love weeks like that!
That last picture was really good, nice job! And I love the picture of the girls with their grandpa..so cute!
Love that picture of all the kids lined up sitting next to each other. That picture of Skylar is great.
Life is busy, it will only get busier. Just hang on and enjoy the ride. It's GREAT, but it seems to just FLY BY!
Geez you were dang busy! I can't believe those two are one year old! It seems like just yesterday you were prego with her! CRAZY!!!
fun update! happy b-day! I'm such a bad friend that i didn't do anything. i love all those pics and it sounds like you had an eventful few weeks. I'm glad you got to hang out with Aubrey.
LOVE the pic of Aubrey's babes with yours!-and that is a darling pic of your dad and the girls!
Good Times...Good Times
quit crying that was all fun stuff!
Post a Comment