Okay, yes, it's technically called a "horny toad," but to Rylee, it was her "wizard" and she was SO proud of it! While building our garden bed, Garrick found this baby horny toad and so graciously gave it to Rylee. She sure loved it and thought it was just about the coolest thing in the world. Unfortunatly though, I thought the poor creature had enough when she started to play Mommy/baby with it. I told her that he was sad and missed his family and wanted to go find them, so we let him go in the wash. She was very obliging to do so, but for a couple weeks after when we would go in the backyard she would ask me to go find her wizard. Luckily though, she's found plenty of other things to do and think about and has long forgotten her little friend, but I wanted to remember to post these pictures because she sure loved that little "wizard" that she had for 10 minutes! (and yeah, awesomely dirty hands and fingernails, aren't they? Hey whatever, that's what happens when you help garden!) :)
7 comments:
I love that first picture! And her dirty little hands make me think of summer and happy childhood! She's just so cute!
Wow ... I haven't seen a horny toad for years! I used to play with them all the time when I was a kid!!!
That's adorable that she named him!! Too cute!
that's one ugly toad! We used to play with them all the time when we were younger. We had little tiny baby frogs all over our yard. gross!
That is hilarious that she calls him "wizard" because that is exactly what Caden calls lizards, too! They must be related... Her hair is so darn cute in that picture too! It's a good thing you got her to let it go before some kind of "accident" occured, aren't those on the endangered list??? (c: hehehe
She looks so happy holding her Wizard! She will love reading this when she is older--too cute!
When I was in Kindergarten I found a Horny Toad. I was soooo proud of it and took it to school for show and tell the next day. My teacher proceeded to "rip me a new one" because Horny Toads were an endangered species! I have been in therapy even since from that traumatic experience. That being said, "Wizards" however are NOT on the endangered list and should be enjoyed to the fullest by 3 year old princess's.
haha That is the coolest wizard ever! She looks so proud to be holding it! I can't believe she turned 3 already! Her pink birthday party was so cute! That was a good idea for the pink pancakes! That reminds me of the book Pinkalicious! Have you heard of it? We bought it for the kids and Corban loves it too! You have to get it if you don't have it yet! Rylee would love it!
Post a Comment