Runny/crusty nose and food smeared face but happy child?
-or-
Clean nose and face but screaming child?

"I was the best mom in the world...until I became a mom"
I never understood this too clearly until it happened to me.
Example:
pre-children- "my kids face/nose will always be clean"
now- "eh, we're at home and they are happy, who cares!"
Now that's one of the example's that's really not that bad or one of the ones that really make me go "I thought I would better at this" No, no... here's an example of this:
pre-children- "I will never let my kids throw fits like that"
now- (in the midst of a fit being thrown in public) "Oh she is so lucky we are in public, because if we were at home...."
Or another example:
pre-children: "My child will never talk back to me like that"
now: "I feel like I've tried everything, what now? And she's only 3!"
Being a parent is certainly not what I expected and, to tell you the truth, I thought I would be better at it then I feel like I am. There's really no better reality check than having children. However, there's also nothing better than having children! So I guess you learn as as you go (and take the advice of more experienced and wiser mothers)!
And because I don't want to leave you thinking that Jadyn's face is ALWAYS messy...
{wink}

13 comments:
SOOOOO TRUE!!!!
Jadyn is so stinkin' cute - I love that polka dot dress!!
I DO!!
she is getting so big too!
that smile is to die for-so fun
I LOVED this post...it is SO true!!! I just encountered the snotty nose dilemma. Another favorite of mine- I always thought people who let their kids sleep with them were CRAZY...and Kerrigan lasted a whopping 3 weeks in her own bed...OOPS!!
Love love love her dress and matching headband!
Cute baby and CUTE post! I can't count the number of areas in my mothering experience that this applies to. I just that I would be THE BEST! Don't we all? Oh well. Maybe in the next life!
she looks so cute in that polka-dot dress! so, so, so true about the mothering stuff. so true. but, you're a GREAT mother!
Oh yeah...I feel you on that one, girlfriend. We just had this conversation..."My kid will never ____", and next thing you know, they are pointing at their nursery leaders screaming "BACK OFF!!!"...Ah the joys of parenting.
Sorry!!!! I forgot to say how ADORABLE my niece is...I just can't get over how adorable her little dimples are! (c:
That hits just a little too close to home!!!!
That is so true. If I don't plan on going anywhere that day, Brody probably ain't gonna get a bath! I'm terrible. Your girls are so dang cute!
So true! I love the messy face pics!
Haha, this is a great post! I'm laughing so hard right now, can't tell you how many times I've thought those same things plus more in the last week or so!! Jadyn is super adorable!
seriously you need to keep that girls face clean! my kids will never look that messy! jk she is adorable even when she is a mess!
You are a wonderful mom. Even though I don't have kids of my own I always said those things about my students and I have learned to never say never. haha. I think you are great and your girls are as darling as ever! :)
Post a Comment