Saturday, April 18, 2009

My Baby Rylee is 3!!!

Rylee turned three and I just can't believe it! How is it even possible that she is already that old? And yet, it seems like she's been with us forever. Weird how that works, isn't it? Anyway, for a couple weeks leading up to Rylee's birthday I would ask her about her birthday and what she wanted and every time she would reply "A pink birthday. And a pink cake with strawberries" So a pink birthday is what she got! I made pink pancakes for her in the morning and a pink "happy birthday rylee" banner and then that evening we had a pink birthday party complete with pink napkins, cups, silverware, and even soda. And well, of course, a pink cake with strawberries! It's funny because for Rylee's 1st and 2nd b-day's I went maybe a little crazy with her birthday parties and then now that she is more aware and cares more, I just didn't feel up to a doing a big b-day party so we just ended up having Garrick's family over for pizza and cake. Even though it was low-key, it turned out really great. The weather was absolutely perfect and we just had the kids play in the backyard and Rylee had a great time with her cousins. She got spoiled rotten and now we need to seriously do a "toy cleanse" and get rid of a lot of her old things. Amongst her gifts were a new bike, a kitchen, a princess tea set complete with serving tray and cart (so she can serve what she calls "pip pip cheerio"....backyardigans), a princess nightgown, a princess dress (which she wore for her party by her own desire...surprise surprise), a giant princess coloring book/mat thing (see a common theme here?), barbies, a water toy/ball thing and more. Like I said, COMPLETELY spoiled, or as Bryna would say "She's not spoiled, she is just well taken care of." I say spoiled! :) One of the highlights of the night was when we saw wild javelinas in the wash behind the house. I'm a little disappointed this picture didn't turn out better, but Rylee and her uncle Troy were watching the javelinas in the back and it's so cute how they have their arms around each other. Now when we are in the backyard Rylee asks to look over the wall to see the "ham-a-linas." Then, after everyone left, what better way to end a birthday than to watch and dance to her favorite show, "Dancing with the Stars!?" (seriously, she always asks to watch it) This isn't the greatest video, but you get the idea, and she is whining at the end because she wants me to stop recording and dance with her. Anyway, as I put Rylee to bed I asked her how she liked her birthday and she said "I love it, I want another pink birthday." I just love that little girl! She is quite the pistol, but she has truly blessed and enriched my life these past 3 years, I'm so lucky to be her Mommy!!!

8 comments:

Our Ohana said...

Yay! I'm glad her birthday was fun!!

And Kason LOVES to dance around during Dancing with the Stars! It makes me laugh!!

Meghan said...

Happy Birthday Rylee!!!!!!!! Why do our kids keep getting so big? Cade turns four in less than two months!

PS Oh and thanks for inviting me to the party.......j/k! I think we might do a low key party this year, otherwise it gets way too out of hand.

Mutt and Karlee Hall said...

That is too cute! She is such a cutie girl. I love that she wanted a pink birthday....maybe I could convince my boys to have one of those someday!:) Sometimes I think the "low key" birthday parties end up being the best! And by the way- I can't believe she's already 3...I remember when you had her and it feels like just barely!

Rebecca said...

Happy B-day, Rylee!!

Megan said...

Happy Birthday Rylee! I can't believe she is 3! Wow. You are such a cute mom with all of your pink ideas to make her pink birthday great! I love that is what she wanted! :)

P B Wallace said...

Happy "Pink" Birthday Rylee! You do know Kara, that you had a bike that looked exactly like that for your first bike, white tires, pink frame and all.

Aubrey {All Things Bright and Beautiful} said...

SO cute!! I love the "pip-pip cheerio"...classic. I can't believe my little Ryles is 3!!! Sounds like it was amazing, though!

FOUST said...

I can't believe she is out there cruisin the neighborhood! I remember when she was born!!
- so sweet