Friday, April 17, 2009

The Easter Post


This post is mainly for journaling/grandparent purposes, so I apologize in advance that it's boring. I am behind in blogging and am going to try to do 2 posts tonight, we'll see if the other gets done/posted. Anyway, so Easter was pretty mellow but nice for us. I am so lame though and never even got a picture of the girls dressed up together, and while I got a solo pic of Jadyn in her Easter dress, there was no such luck for Rylee. {gasp}. My excuse is that church is at 8am so we were just lucky to get there dressed, much less have time for a picture beforehand. And well, by the time we got home both girls were in dire need of a nap so it just never happened. I just might have to have her wear it again and take a picture of her in it and pretend it was Easter. We'll see if that happens though. Like I said though, we had a nice Easter. It started off with, obviously, having the girls go through their Easter baskets (in a hurry because of the whole early church thing). But Rylee totally loved it and was so excited about it all. In fact, she enjoyed her Easter basket so much that she figured she would pilfer Jadyn's as well. That is, until I made her give it back to Jadyn, and even then she decided that she would just give Jadyn one thing out of her basket at a time. Little stinker. The Easter festivities continued at Garrick's parent's home later with a yummy dinner and an Easter egg hunt for the kiddos. It's always hilarious to watch the kids. We have Hunter (the oldest) trying his hardest to collect them all before the other kids could, Bryson who thought he could just hold all his eggs without a basket, and Rylee running around watching everyone pick-up eggs but not quite catching on to the idea of searching for them (don't worry though, she did catch on a got enough eggs to suffice). They all had a good time and it was cute to see how excited they were about it. So, like I said, not all too exciting but nice. It's just fun to hang out with the fam!

1 comment:

Sarah and Jeremy said...

I can't get over how much Rylee looks like you! Especially in that last picture. She is beautiful! And that sounds like a very eventful Easter, being on a Sunday I don't see how it can get much more adventureous. :)