Friday-
Arrived about 5pm
Rylee went "fishing"
Took a nature walk
Grilled up hot dogs for dinner (we are fancy like that)
Ate
Made campfire and roasted marshmallows/made smores (with Reeses PB cups...sooo yummy)
Put girls to bed
Garrick watched a movie while I worked on my Relief Society lesson (nothing like procrastinating!)
Bedtime
Saturday-
Woke up at ?am
Went on a "nature drive" and saw a lot of deer
Made pancakes and eggs (anyone know why they taste so amazing when you are camping?)
Tried to fix Rylee's hair but was shot down by Rylee and Dad backed her up saying "we're in the mountains, who cares!"
Went on another nature walk
Tried to keep Rylee out of stream- to no avail
Grilled more hot dogs for lunch (I actually had brought stuff for sandwiches, but like i said, we are fancy like that)
Ate
Packed up and cleaned
Drove home while girls slept
On the way home I made Garrick drive through downtown Bisbee since the girls were asleep anyway and I hadn't seen it before. It is such an adorable little town! The architecture is great and I love all the old houses. Now I want to go back and actually walk around and check out the little shops and museums. Anybody else interested? :)
Arrived home about 4pm
So the trip was less than 24 hours but it was perfect. I just love those little getaways and enjoying the outdoors, but I especially love spending time with my little family!
Rylee "fishing"
She told us she "caught a whopper!"

"Help me, Dad!"

This is how Jadyn enjoyed the walks- just chillin' and kicking her feet

My husband: The Lumberjack

Just two of the many many deer we saw, Garrick just laughed at me because I had to take pictures of them. Whatever. I grew up in Albuquerque, we didn't see a whole lot of them roaming the streets!

Follow the leader

I love all the waterfalls up there, they are so beautiful

Typical Dad...
But of course both the girls are squealing and laughing each time he does it to them

And I have to end on this picture because it's my one of my new favorites of Garrick and Rylee. I love that they are just walking down the road holding their "fishing poles" that Rylee found for them 

10 comments:
I LOVE that last pic tooo! so cute!! but I also think you look fabulous with little Gwen in tow with her darling dimples. That sounds so nice to just get away and hang(and eat smores!) Where were you guys? and YES call me when you want to go to Brisbee, or whatever it is called? I would love a road trip!!!
so fun! i love little trips, and i told you bisbee was a cool town! have a little faith!
fun! i actually miss being able to "Camp" like that
How fun! I'm so ready for a little vaca. Are you guys coming up this weekend for the Easter Picnik?
that last picture is super cute!! Looks like lots of fun!!
Oh karsey those pictures are so precious!!! It really is just so fantastic to hang out with just the fam...it just doesn't happen enough! Cute, cute girls!!! The other dude and chick in the pictures are okay too...(c:
I LOVE that last picture too!! It is so cute! Man, I wish we could have gone with your guys. That would have been a blast! I'm glad you guys had a good time and made it back in time for the BBQ.
wow- that place looks really beautiful. im jealous you can get away to a nice place like that out in nature.
Oh how cute the family camping trip! My favorite was the homemade fishing poles! :) I hope we are fun parents and do cool things like camping with our kids. :)
This could be my favorite post of yours. That picture of Rylee & Garrick is great. Kinda like Opie & Andy from the old Andy Griffith show.
Post a Comment