So the other day I was sitting on the couch fixing Rylee's hair and one of the rubber bands fell in between the seat cushion and the arm rest. So i reach down there to retrieve the lost item and what do I find.....
Yup, that would be the pile of disgustingness I pulled from that hidden area. Miscellaneous items such as a petrified piece of string cheese, wrappers from stolen candy cane kisses from the freezer, pretzels, clementine peel, etc....
Ewwwwwwwwwwwww
Ewwwwwwwwwwwww
So I pull Rylee up onto the couch to sit next to me and I ask her why in the WORLD she would stuff her trash down there, ESPECIALLY food items, and this is our conversation-
Rylee: (stated very matter-of-fact) Well, I was sitting on the couch and I didn't want to get up . So I looked and saw a line and I thought it was a trash can
Me: And whyyyyy would you think the couch is a trash can, Rylee? Trash needs to go in the trash can, NOT the couch!
Rylee: Oh sorry Mom can I watch Backyardigans and have some fruit snacks? (i wrote that as one sentence because that is how she said it)
I really think it sunk in, what do you think? Or perhaps I should regularly check her little hiding place...
(Thank goodness I found her little trash stash instead of a guest or something. Although...I guess posting about it for all blogland to see isn't too smart either.... Whatever, after getting it cleaned up I thought it was kinda funny--in a very gross and if-she-continues-to-do-it-she-will-be-punished sort of way)
7 comments:
SO funny Kara! I found the same exact thing today after Ellie ripped all of the cushions off the couch. I love Rylee's response though. Kids are hilarious.
that is yucky! I love that you blogged it. I feel like I have to clean my couch on a weekly basis...even though my kids aren't even allowed to eat in the living room!!!!
ha ha! So funny- totally laughing out loud... espically cause I can picture Rylee just telling you, thats how it is!! Love it!!!
Nice. Our cushions are removed regularly for fort-making, so it never gets too horrible. But even for being cleaned often, it still gets nasty in there.
thats funny. you could probably find equally as much yuck in my couch, though. i'm too afraid to look...
so funny! I can so relate...I just wonder if its only Cooper that puts things in my couch or if my husband contributes to the nastyness!!!!
Sooooo.... Rylee was covering for Daddy I see.
Post a Comment