Wednesday, September 3, 2008

2 visits already! Yipee!

So I have been lucky enough to already have had my family come visit me, not once, but TWICE since we've moved. Unfortunately, they were both quick trips, but it was just nice to see them! The first time they came was because they were dropping my little sister off at college at EA (GASP! how is she that old already?!). My Mom, Dad, Carleigh and Hannah all came down to visit and see our new house. Rylee was so excited to have them come to her new house. Pretty sure the whole time she was either attached to either Dam-ah or Papa. Well I guess that's not exactly true, Hannah actually got a few minutes of quality time in with Rylee, which is actually quite a feat being that Rylee has never been all too loving towards Hannah. It was a proud few minutes for Hannah so she asked that I document it with a picture. They only got to stay for one night and day so we mostly just hung out. It was during the Olympics so we watched them (or course, because they were SO GREAT!!!). Rylee absolutely LOVED watching the gymnastics and would dance around and pretend she was doing gymnastics. Here's a quick video.


I also have another video that I have gone back and forth about posting. Forth because it's just plain hilarious and back because the star of the show has pleaded numerous times for me not to post it for fear of embarrassment. So let's go forth, shall we? Sorry Mom, I am your daughter so I am hoping that you'll forgive me eventually. You have to, it's in the mother/daughter rulebook. And besides, what did you really expect? I mean, I have posted worse... :) Anyways, to preface the video, my Mom was playing with Rylee and doing gymnastics with her. Let's just say backless clog shoes aren't the best for doing such advanced gymnastics....

(Mom, I also thought it was a fun video to post because I think it also shows just what a great and fun Grandma you are. Love you!) Anyways, besides watching Olympics and getting a concussion (no, no really) we also drove my fam around to show them the town (no...it didn't take long, but it wasn't that short either...sheesh) and we also went swimming. Then the second visit was last weekend when my Mom and Zach came to pick up Carleigh for her 18th birthday. We met them in Tucson along with my Grandma Beth, Art, Grandma Ruth, Grandpa Bill, Uncle John and Aunt Noel and their 3 kids (who Rylee had a BLAST playing with) and Uncle Dan, Aunt Moe and Matt. My brother Ryan also came down from Mesa to see us because he hadn't met Jadyn yet! (He was in Indiana all summer selling security alarm systems) It was a full house but so much fun to see them all! This is the only picture I got from that visit but it's a cute one. My momma and her momma! We drove back home that night (through a crazy and scary storm) and then Mom and Zach left that morning to go pick Carleigh up to take her back to Abq for the weekend. I wanted to take them out to breakfast since it was my Mom's birthday, but they were in a hurry to get on the road so I just sent Garrick for breakfast burritos. It was an even quicker trip than the first one, but I'm just glad they came! We need to make a trip sometime soon back to Albuquerque, I miss my family and friends (and Dions Pizza).

And here's just a few random pictures from the last week or so. These are mostly for my parents (well, and Aubrey) because I know they miss their girls!I just love sleeping kids, I don't know if it's because they look so darn cute and precious or if it's because it means I get a little break. I really do think it's mostly because of how cute they are when sleeping...I think. She's growing up SO fast! {tear} Just being her goofy self...and captured on film! (or to be exact, captured on a computer chip...whatever).

6 comments:

Meghan said...

Holy crap how is it possible that your sister is at EAC? When the heck did we get so old?????

Spencer and Marlee said...

That sounds like fun! Your girls are so cute! I love the videos!! Also both pictures that you posted on the side are cute!!!

FOUST said...

LOVE LOVE THE NEW PICS ON THE RIGHT! JG's eyes are amazing! The videos are awesome!!
Don't you love that you have those moments of time captured forever(maybe not grandma though-lol!)

Aubrey {All Things Bright and Beautiful} said...

Oooo, mom is going to kill you!!! (c: But I know I enjoyed it! The girls are so cute and getting so big, you need to send me actual pictures of them...love you guys!

carrie said...

I can't believe how much Jadyn has changed! She is getting soooo big and has those beautiful big blue eyes! You two sure make cute babies! Looks like you're enjoying Arizona. Tell Garrick we said hi! How does he like his job?

Kika VilaNova said...

I simply LOVED the gymnastics video!

and thank you for the congratulations! one more windhorst - like we need more numbers! Maybe I will let him/her carry MY name, Vila Nova... HA! :)

hehehe

hugs hgus