So instead of a sappy, gag-me list of all the reasons I'm, like, SOOOO in love with him, how about a few little known facts about Garrick?...
1. He can salsa dance, he learned it on is mission in Ecuador. He tried to teach it to me once, and that was all he could take....
2. A lot of people know he played division I baseball at UNM, but not that many people know that he was actually really good. He was a Mountain West All-Conference Player (did I say that right?) and he was also #1 in the nation for triples for a while his senior season until he injured his hamstring, but he still ended up #3 in the nation.
3. He's a closet Dancing with the Stars fan. He will probably never admit it (not even to me) but he'll watch it with me and makes comments on the dances.
4. He's related to 50 cent. Okay, that's a lie but Camille and Ryan would say that is true, they think he looks like a white boy 50 cent. I think they are weird.
5. He's a romantic at heart. He may seem like a butt-head in public sometimes, but do you really think I would have married him if he was always like that? He remembers what I was wearing the first time we kissed. I didn't even remember until I was going through old clothes and he mentioned it. Stuff like that...
6. He's completely and totally wrapped around his daughter's fingers. Yeah, that's really not a little known fact about him because anybody who's ever even seen him with them knows that, but it's just true. He's a sucker for them.
7. He thinks he wears the pants in the family. I think the reality of it can best be summed up in a quote from My Big Fat Greek Wedding "The man may be the head of the household, but the woman is the neck, and she can turn the head any way she wants..."
8. He loves his wife more than any other man has ever or will ever love their wife because she's just that great...and modest.
Welp, I'm fresh out of ideas now. If anybody else can think of any, feel free to comment. It's just past my bedtime (clearly) and I need to go to bed. Even though I just roasted him a little, I really do love him tons, he is an incredible husband and father and I am so grateful to be his wife!!! Happy Birthday old Man!!!! ;)
8 comments:
Happy B-daym Garrick! I didn't know he was that old- I thought CHristian was the oldest of our friends. FUny list of things about him, Kara. I like that idea.
Hey Kara... happy birthday Garrick... we hope to meet you soon on a super fun double date! Let's go party, and celebrate all month long:).
Your pictures of Jayden are so so precious! I love them, she is beautiful... like her mommy and big sister:)
-Laurel
HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY TO HIM!! That looks like a fun celebration :)
when are you all coming to visit??
hugs hugs!@
well well well...29. that is old! happy bday. how is a treatin ya?
wow.....kara seriously so blessed come on! jk that was good and i think everyone knows that he looks like 50 cent! and you wouldn't have put it if you didn't think so too!
You know, I think Ryan and Camille might be right about the 50 cent thing...(c: I had no idea that Garrick could dance, I'm so jealous! You need to capitalize on that one, kares...
Everytime someone asks what he looks like i say.... He's a white version of 50 cent. It's true. but we all still love him. And you're a very sweet wife. I'm sad i didn't get to be there for his b-day. And who isn't wrapped around those 2 little girls fingers!
Happy Birthday to Garrick! I didn't know he was that old! haha I like how you listed some things about him that we don't know! Good idea! I love love love the pics of you and Jadyn! THey are so precious! You are gorgeous girl! I hope you are having a fun time living in AZ! I sure am jealous!
Post a Comment