"threatening" to take my epidural out because I was having way too easy of a time. At 3 my doctor broke my water and still nothing so they pushed pitosin and still nothing. By about 6:20am we were getting pretty anxious because my nurses and doctors were leaving Sunday, May 18, 2008
A Baby Story
Sorry it's taken me a while to post again, I know there are a few of you anxious for more pictures and all the details. I really don't have much of an excuse, except I've been waiting to capture the perfect picture of Jadyn to show you all just how cute she really is. I still don't have one that I
think does her cuteness justice, but I guess I just gotta work with what I've got- there are still some cute pics! Anyway, Jadyn is 8 days old today, I can't believe it! But then again, it seems like she's been with us forever. I just hope she's as good of a baby and kid as my pregnancy and labor was. I seriously had a great pregnancy (except that 1st trimester, I've blocked that part from my memory). I felt totally great all the way up to labor, and if I didn't want to see her so bad I would have been fine with her staying in there longer! I had some ladies telling me that if I have that easy of pregnancies I should have like 20 kids. Yeah right!
Anyway, I guess I'll start from the beginning... last Friday I woke up in the morning just feeling kinda funny, no real signs of labor but I just thought I knew I'd be going into labor so I put on waterproof mascara (which I don't ever wear) because if I was going to be in labor, I didn't want my mascara smearing everywhere. I was fine that morning and then in the afternoon I started feeling pretty sick until by mid-afternoon I was in the bathroom puking. Rylee was so sweet, she stood by me asking "You otay?" over and over again. The poor little girl was worried about me! She
had just had a flu type thing where she had been throwing up so she knew how I was feeling. Garrick went to work that night but by 7:30-8ish I was calling my Mom asking her how I would know if I was for sure in labor (I didn't know cuz my water broke with Rylee so I KNEW I was in labor with her!). I started timing my contractions and I was having a fairly intense contraction every 10 minutes with a pretty mild one in between them, so my mom came over and I called Garrick. He told me to time them again and call him back, I hadn't timed them in a while and they had gone to all intense contractions every 2-3 minutes! Oops! My doctor told me to go to the hospital when they were 5 minutes apart. Oh well! So Garrick left work in a hurry and drove like a maniac home because he was so excited.
My mom took Rylee and Garrick and I were on our way to the hospital about 9:30pm. They triaged me quick and told me I wasn't leaving the hospital without a baby. Yipee, I was in labor! Well anyway, nothing exciting happened for a LONG time, (except I got my epidural--oh yeah!). I'll spare you all the details, but basically it was a long night. That was my own fault though, my epidural was awesome so I could have and probably should have been sleeping, but between myself, my mom, Garrick and our nurses, we talked too much! My nurse kept
"threatening" to take my epidural out because I was having way too easy of a time. At 3 my doctor broke my water and still nothing so they pushed pitosin and still nothing. By about 6:20am we were getting pretty anxious because my nurses and doctors were leaving
at 7. They didn't want to miss it and I didn't want all new people! Well the nurse checked me and said I was ready, they started laying out everything and I was joking while they were getting things ready at 6:28 that they needed to hurry so I could have her at 6:29 like I did with Rylee. Well we didn't make that time but it only took 3 strong pushes and she was out by 6:37am! I couldn't believe it!!! Anyways, there is truly no more amazing rush of emotions and love than when they lay your
baby on your chest as soon as she's born! It's incredible, I just started crying. She was really here and she was so beautiful!!! She came out with a ton of hair (just like
Rylee except Jadyn's is lighter) and totally adorable dimples! We've just been loving having our little Jadyn here! Newborns are just so sweet and and pure, it's so fun to have one in our home again. Rylee has seemed to adjust pretty well and is a good big sister. She likes to hold Jadyn and tries to be very helpful by getting lots of blankets and diapers for her. She called her "bebe doll" for a while and then moved on to "bebe Jade" and sometimes "bebe sister". The biggest thing we have to watch out for so far has been her "tough love" (too hard of kisses and hugs). It's been so nice because Garrick had the week off and he still doesn't go back to work until next Wed. It's nice because he can entertain
Rylee while I take care of or feed Jadyn. I'm scared though for when he does go back to work, I hope I
can handle it!! (Yeah, I'm totally spoiled). And as far as myself, I've had an easy recovery and I'm feeling great! I just feel so blessed to have such a wonderful family. I have 2 beautiful daughters that I just couldn't love more and an incredible husband who is so helpful and loving and such an amazing Dad. I'm one lucky gal!!!
"threatening" to take my epidural out because I was having way too easy of a time. At 3 my doctor broke my water and still nothing so they pushed pitosin and still nothing. By about 6:20am we were getting pretty anxious because my nurses and doctors were leaving
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
I love to hear birth stories! Yours is great, enjoy your bundle of joy!
Congrats!!! Your two girls are darling. I can't believe you have two. Is that Carrie in your picture?
Congratulations!!! What a beautiful little girl and a darling family! You hit me spot on...must be time for another...now if jared would only agree! :) I'm just so happy for you guys, and what a treat to have daddy around for so long so you can all be together! Best of luck settling into the routine with baby!
ps....you look amazing! what a beautiful mama!
Are you kidding me? I love her dimples!!! What a little cutie. I'm glad you had such an easy time!!
Hi Kara! I found your blog when I was looking through Carrie's. Congratulations on your new baby, she looks so adorable!
I just have to put on here how my niece is the cutest thing on the planet!!! What other newborn can flash such an adorable smile??? Those dimples are out of control. (c: Love you Jadyn!!!
You look amazing after just having a baby! You crack me up putting the water proof mascara on! haha Your little Jadyn is adorable! Her dimples are seriously the cutest! I'm glad everything went well for you! You are a great mom!
Congratulations Kara! She is so sweet and I love her name! So funny about the mascara, I did that and also got my hair highlighted a day before. Too bad it didn't work, haha! You guys are a cute fam!
those dimples....love them! and that hair...love that too. she is adorable.hope you are adjusting well to a mother of 2. is that kind of weird? it sounds weird! we arent that old yet! : )
Post a Comment