This is what happens when she doesn't get a nap. We have crazy no-reason-for-them meltdowns. I can honestly say that I never thought I would be excited for the 8 o'clock schedule (and let's be real, I'm still not "excited", just relieved I guess). January can't come fast enough, well... as far as church time goes, I don't want Christmas season to pass too fast! :)
On a separate "this is what happens", this is what happens when I put makeup on Rylee for Halloween...
I find her wearing lipstick that she clearly applied herself. I need to hide my makeup better... (and yeah, that's her princess hat from her costume last year).
And on just a completely different note, Rylee is potty-trained!!!! Yipee!!!!! After playing around with it a while ago, and rediscovering the fact that I have an extremely strong-willed child, I came up with a variety of excuses to delay potty-training. We had a new baby coming...we were moving...we just moved... etc. Well about a week and 1/2 ago I decided it was time to get serious so out came the big girl panties and it was hell (sorry, I just don't know how else to explain it) for the next week. I hate potty-training. Especially such a strong-willed child with whom none of the advice for potty-training that other people gave me worked on her. We just had to do it her way and on her time, because let me tell you, when it comes to a battle of wills with potty-training, I lose everytime and I am reminded of that as I am cleaning up pee for the 20th time. But hey, we're pretty much all good now and I must admit, it's pretty nice not having to change her diapers. Although it's also kinda a pain having to find a potty anywhere we go. But the look of excitement and pride on her face after she goes is just too cute, it's well worth it! She's really a big girl now....okay, now I'm gonna go cry.
8 comments:
OH DUDE I HATED POTTY TRAINNING TOO!! so so glad that is over.
CONGRATS GIRL- it is a true milestone!
oh i think it is so funny that she rules your house! but i shouldn't say anything because i know bryson is right behind her and im afraid its coming quick! I also can't beleive Jadyn is already 6 months old! i guess its time to plan for another!
aw, she looked so cute during the meltdown!! that face!! :)
and my belly... there's no going back now! :) he he
hugs!
CONGRATS ms. Rylee!!! She is just too smart for her own good...I guess she must get that from her mom...(c: hahaha yeah, right, mom still reminds all of us that you were her perfect child!!!
That's awesome! I am jealous you have her potty trained! I am potty training Corban actually today was the first day of Hell and I just want to give up but I can't cuz he's getting it this time! I tried a couple times before and it didn't work so hopefully this time it works! It should cuz he's almost 3 1/2! Potty training really does suck! So how did you end up doing it with Rylee? Did you bribe her or what method did you try.....
congrats! how exciting about potty training. i keep threatening to start with oliver then I hear horror stories, and I get lazy. rylee looks SOOOO much like you in those first pics.
This is awesome and very exciting! Way to go Rylee and I would also like to hear how you ended up doing it. I'm just curious. I won't be potty-training anyone for a long time but I'm always wondering what works! Your family is darling! :)
when Rylee pouts she looks just like Garrick! Ha, ha.
Post a Comment