Thursday, December 4, 2008

It's the little things


You know those times when you feel like you are just swelling with happiness? And I'm not talking about the big obvious ones like when you get engaged, married, hold your baby for the 1st time, etc... I just mean one of those times when it's nothing all that extraordinary but it just hits you that you have it pretty great. Like when tonight Rylee was being a little pill about going to bed and so I finally just gave in and laid next to her and just when she was about to fall asleep she rolls over and wraps her tiny arms around me and tells me she loves me...one of those. Well I felt like our little excursion up the mountain a couple weeks ago was one of those. It really wasn't anything super special or exciting, but maybe it was just the fact that we were away from everything, we were up in the mountains, it was beautiful and everyone was in a good mood, whatever it was it was just great. I think that Garrick just sensed that I needed a very mini-getaway and so he had the idea to drive up the mountains and walk around and have a picnic. I can't believe we don't do it more often, it's really so beautiful and they have great little trails all over. Both Rylee and Jadyn adored it as well. Rylee was so excited running all over the place and collecting little acorns and berries that she referred to as "deer food." I wonder who taught her that?... And well, Jadyn just kept looking around all bright eyed and kicking her feet, in baby language that means "really happy." Anyways, I don't want to get all seriously so blessed on you all (if you haven't, you all totally need to check out that blog...HILARIOUS!!!) but I just needed to blog about it because otherwise I would never remember these little trips and memories. That's what blogging is for, right? Well mine is.

9 comments:

Emily said...

You have such a gorgeous family, Kara. I've been thinking of those happy moments too. I call them fleeting moments of happiness because they never seem to last long enough. They do make life so much better, though. Take an extra hike for us--It's -5 degrees here today.

Rebecca said...

It is really pretty up there! That sounds so nice- I would love a little getaway like that. We are going to UT for Christmas from the 23rd-30th. We'll be here other than that so let us know what your plans are b/c we definitely want to see you!

Aubrey {All Things Bright and Beautiful} said...

I'm so glad you did a blog about "the little things"...we really do have it pretty great, don't we??? I love that pic of the fam, too bad Jadyn wasn't looking! )c: And I guess the "fingers-in-mouth-smile" is her new signature move, huh? Looks familiar...(c:

carrie said...

You ARE so blessed! You are so sweet Kara, and a wonderful mom and wife! We hope to get to see you during Christmas.

Mutt and Karlee Hall said...

It was really good to read what you wrote because sometimes life just goes on and you really do forget the little things...it was a good reminder! Your girls are so stinking cute- I love the little dimples that Jadyn has!

Erin said...

Is it called Gimp? I've used Gimp before, if that's what you're talking about, but got kinda frustrated with it because it's too technical for me. I need to sit down and learn how to use it. Thanks for the info!!

This post makes me want to drive up to the mountain!

Annie said...

They are so cute KARA!

laurdacooj said...

how fun! you are beautiful Kara- and so is your family! Where is this place?? I want to go there!
I had the same fun tuck in with Jackson tonight, and I finally went to snuggle him, and wondered why I don't do that everynight, it is the sweetest gift!

Sarah and Jeremy said...

Oh I still can't get over how cute those gilrs are! Hope you have a great Christmas!