Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Kids say the darndest things...

Yesterday we were at Home Depot and while Garrick was chasing Rylee around the store I was waiting to check out. There were these two little kids with their Dad in front of me in line. The little boy, who I would guess was probably no more than 4 or so turns around, looks at me and says very matter-of-factly "You have a fat belly." Ahhh, just what I wanted to hear... good thing I was in a good mood yesterday or I might have cried for an hour. I just laughed and agreed with him! But then to regain some sort of self-dignity I explained to him that it was because I had a baby in there (he doesn't need to know that's only part of the reason...) Anyway, in case anybody is interested, here is proof of my fat belly. Less than 5 weeks to go...
And I know it's a gross picture of me, but don't judge me--I've been outside the last couple days working on the yard so getting all cutesy hasn't been a priority...

15 comments:

FOUST said...

You look GORGEOUS! I can't believe how little of time you have left. Enjoy Ry to yourself the second baby changes that amazing precious time where all your energy and conciousness are on her, and it will be so dang cute to see her lovin on her new sister!

Rebecca said...

Kara--you honestly look soooo good. Your belly is tiny and it's just like a little basketball on your stomach- it doesn't look like you have gained an ounce anywhere else. I'm totally jealous of how cute you look pregnant.

Kika VilaNova said...

You know what, for 8 months pregnant you look super duper PHAT! :)

I used to babysit on Fridays and the opposite thing happened to me, the kid, who was 5, asked me one day "KIka your belly is pretty big, do you have a baby in there?"
- Uh, no, I am just FAT!

See? At least you have a reason - AND GOOD ONE - to have a big belly :)


Come visit!!
:)
Hugs!!

FISH FAMILY said...

You only have 5 weeks I was HUGE by that time you look great.

Parrish Family said...

Kara you crack me up! You look amazing. And that little belly of yours really is pretty cute. Add 15 pounds to each thigh and your butt and you have me during pregnancy. Not very pretty, trust me. I can't believe that number two is almost here for you. You are going to have so much fun! Hope everything is going great for you!
erin parrish

Kim's just sayin' said...

one hot mama! You look great.

Lisa said...

puh-lease! How much weight have you gained? I looked like I was pregnant with triplets, not one baby.

Ali Howell said...

You look fabulous!!! I can't believe you are having your second...you are such a darling family! I'm glad you found me! I just found palmers and ritchies through you, what fun! I've been thinking about our albq. friends a lot lately and it's fun to see how you are all doing! Good luck with baby!

The Cash Family said...

You look super good girly, I love being prego with girls...you are always smaller for some reason. You do not look like you have 5 weeks left, You look like you have 5 months left!! WE NEED TO GET TOGETHER!! Have a safe trip...

Spencer and Marlee said...

Kara! I am so mad I didn't get to see you when you were here! What I am so glad about is someday you will be my little neighbor! You look SOO good! I am so excited for you! How fun!

Erin said...

Are you kidding me? That's the freakin cutest picture!! I love it. You just look so good. And only 5 weeks!!! Wow. It's coming fast, huh?

Meghan said...

Okay so I hate you! Have you gained any weight??? You look so dang good! Rock on sister! I can't believe you only have five weeks left. Time has flown. Have you decided on a name yet?

Megan said...

i think you look darling! pregnant and all! i am coming to new mexico this summer! we have to chat so i can see you and your cute kids and husband. it would be awesome! love you!

KURT AND ELISSA said...

Don't listen to a word those dang kids say you look amazing! I can't beleive your almost due you are so tiny with just a belly like a ball. So cute I swear if I could look that good prego I would be all for it:)

Kim's just sayin' said...

can you please update your blog, I am getting so bored with the old one!! :) Come on it's not like you are busy or anything