Thursday, April 24, 2008

Last b-day post I promise...

Okay, so I'm sure you all are b-day info'ed out by now, but we had a Luau Birthday party for Rylee on Saturday so, of course, I have to document it! :) Anyways, it turned out pretty cute and Rylee sure had a great time. Here's some of the decoration pics. Let's be honest though, Rylee is 2 so she really could care less about a birthday party. It's really just an excuse to get together with friends and family and have fun! It was really good timing though for the party because my Dad's cousin, Kathy, and her daughter, Meg, were in town and so then my Grandma and Art came as well. We even had my brother Ryan who is at college at EA and his girlfriend (and soon to be more...), Ashley, come! So yeah, we had a fun time with everyone pigging out on Hawaiian Haystacks and cake. And let me tell you...we had SOOO much cake. We ended up with 4 cakes! Wondering why? First of all, the day we had her party was actually on Ryan's real birthday so I wanted him to have his own special cake too. Well, I had asked one of my best friend's mom to make the cakes for the party because she makes the cutest and yummiest cakes ever. But then she was in the hospital that week with some pretty serious stuff and so her daughter and I said for her to not make the cakes. So then Friday I ran around trying to find some last minute cakes and ended up getting a snickers cake for Ryan and then one of those ginormous cakes from Costco for the actual birthday cake. Then, right before the party starts my friend calls me and tells me her mom didn't remember the conversation about not making the cakes and she had made them! This poor lady had been in the hospital all week and was still not feeling good and here she was making cakes! I just felt so horrible! But I've got to say that although I felt so bad that she spent her energy on them, the Luau cake was the cutest cake ever and of course tasted so delish!!! See how stinkin' cute it is? She's amazing! But anyways, we had major cake overload so we ended up eating the cute cake, freezing the Costco cake and sending Ryan's cakes back with him to Thatcher so his roommates could enjoy. Back to the party though, Rylee really did have a fun time, her and her friend, Oliver, thought it was the funniest thing to throw sand at each other. Although I was dreading all the sand that would inevitably be all over the house, it was really funny to watch them throw some sand and then just start laughing hysterically. Kids are so funny with the things that entertain them! I wish I had gotten a picture of the two of them playing, but all I got was Rylee sitting in the sand with sand all over her, Ollie was too busy running around! :) Rylee especially loved blowing out the candles though, she even helped Ryan with his! After all our friends were gone the family busted out the Wii and had a lot of fun playing with that. It's so funny to watch other people playing the wii, they get really into. See the pic, it gets pretty intense! And if you look at the right of the pic, you an see Rylee thinks she is playing too, she loves to watch and "play" the Wii! Anyway, we had a lot of fun, thanks to everyone for coming!!!




2 comments:

The Cash Family said...

that is seriously the cutest cake ever! i am bummed we missed out. WE NEED TO HANG OUT!!

Kim's just sayin' said...

She is so cute. Looks like a fun party, when are you guys moving or are you?!?!?!